+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sand Dollars
    Jozo,
    404 still has a bunch of 2 lane stretches in MD and DE. The construction is converting the MD piece 4 lanes the whole way, but the DE stretch will remain 2 lanes and DE says they have no plans to upgrade. DE deciding not to upgrade is interesting, because if one is going to the DE beaches from the Bay Bridge, 404 is the best route.

Bob,
    I got caught in the same 404 construction traffic as your wife for Endless Summer. I sat in the same place for abut 40 minutes for no clear reason other than just general construction activity. I should have paid attention to the times predicted by Waze.

p.s., I took a bunch of picts of the Endless Summer BW parades on Friday and Saturday. Is you Challenger among them? Go to Flickr (www.flickr.com) and do a search on the terms Challenger and KTS (Or look here) to see if it is.
    Last edited by OCGuy; 11-02-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCGuy View Post
    Bob,
    I got caught in the same 404 construction traffic as your wife for Endless Summer. I sat in the same place for abut 40 minutes for no clear reason other than just general construction activity. I should have paid attention to the times predicted by Waze.

p.s., I took a bunch of picts of the Endless Summer BW parades on Friday and Saturday. Is you Challenger among them? Go to Flickr (www.flickr.com) and do a search on the terms Challenger and KTS (Or look here) to see if it is.
    Yep, you got the car. Although you have it labeled as a Charger. The guy narrating the Delmarva Life Facebook feed from the parade called it the same thing. I'm looking right at you from the passenger seat.
    https://flic.kr/p/CfaTNC

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCGuy View Post
    Jozo,
    404 still has a bunch of 2 lane stretches in MD and DE. The construction is converting the MD piece 4 lanes the whole way, but the DE stretch will remain 2 lanes and DE says they have no plans to upgrade..
    I wonder if it is a $$ issue or Delaware just doesn't want to put the time and effort into the upgrade of 404.
    common sense is not so common

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by bar2008 View Post
    I wonder if it is a $$ issue or Delaware just doesn't want to put the time and effort into the upgrade of 404.
    DelDot is not exactly on the "cutting edge" of construction timing. They will wait until even a 4 lane road won't solve the problem before they "solve the problem". Besides the way most of us Delawarians think, the widening would really be an asset to Marylanders and Pennsylvanians so why spend the money (not realizing that federal funds make up a large amount of highway projects)?

Sand Dollars
    I use 404 95% of the time, when going to north OC or lower DE. I am not sure of the mileage difference but I definitely think is faster. The construction has never been a problem for me. There are some shortcuts through the corn and chicken farms!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozo View Post
    Great post. Is any stretch of 404 still 2 lanes? That's one reason we started using 50 a while ago. Thought they'd widened it to 4 lanes all the way, but not sure
    Yes itís currently a mix of two lanes and four lanes. Some construction on 404 but havenít found long delays.
    We go from DC area to north OC, almost to Delaware, usually take 404. Try to travel midweek, so rush hour traffic is not a problem.