Thread: Atlantic Stand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sand Dollars
    We've taken to the Alaska Stand on 9th street. From what I've heard they were partners with Atlantic a long time ago. Great Burger and it's clean! Still hate to lose an icon.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by VitiminJ View Post
    We've taken to the Alaska Stand on 9th street. From what I've heard they were partners with Atlantic a long time ago. Great Burger and it's clean! Still hate to lose an icon.
    Prior to 1997, the stand on Wicomico was also an Alaska Stand. From what I recall, both locations were owned by two brothers. There was some sort of falling out, and the name on the Wicomico location was changed to Atlantic Stand with the same menu, and despite the name change, all of the signage, cups, etc on Altantic Stand said (est 1933).

Sand Dollars
    I saw this story and got all excited because I always get the Alaska stand confused with the Atlantic stand! On the bright side, Alaska Stand isn't going anywhere.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/11/...amily-assures/

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    I saw this story and got all excited because I always get the Alaska stand confused with the Atlantic stand! On the bright side, Alaska Stand isn't going anywhere.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/11/...amily-assures/
    I'm glad I'll still be able to get their burgers. And it's common to get the two confused, since Atlantic and Alaska Stand are basically one in the same (and both locations shared the Alaska Stand name until 1997).