Thread: Atlantic Stand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Sand Dollars

Atlantic Stand

I just saw a picture on Ocean City Cool's Facebook page that shows the Atlantic Stand w/a for rent sign on it. What gives?

Sand Dollars
    I saw that too. I know it's very popular, but the last time we were in there to eat, the toilets backed up and overflowed into the dining area. The smell was unreal. The response from the staff was "yeah, we'll get to it". Needless to say, we left immediately, didn't even pay the bill (2 drinks, hadn't had our food yet and wouldn't have eaten it anyway) and we've never gone back.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    a little over a week ago I was sitting on one of the benches in the area beside the Atlantic Stand. Probably spend about 30 minutes there and had nothing better to do then to stare at things. The Atlantic Stand is looking very run down. It's obvious to me that who ever owns the building doesn't care about what it looks like anymore.

Sand Dollars
    I haven't been in there in a few years, but I often stop by to get a burger to eat on one of the tables outside. It would be a shame to see it go.

Sand Dollars
    I saw that too. It'd be a shame to lose that place. Loved their hot dogs -- split, grilled on the flat top. Pretty good fries too as I recall. And a fantastic people watching spot. Yeah, never actually struck me as the cleanest of spots but ...

Does memory serve me right ... did they actually sell small bottles of ketchup to cash in on the Thrashers crowd that craved their Heinz???

Sand Dollars
    It would be such a shame to see a place like this disappear from the boardwalk. I remember buying sandwiches & fries there. We never ate inside, always sat at the tables outside so we could people watch as we ate.
    I don't remember them selling small bottles of ketchup, but they may have. That might have been a good idea.

Sand Dollars
    I remember when I used to attend Bike Week, at midnight, when the event at the Atlantic Hotel Parking Lot would close, many patrons would flock to that Atlantic Stand for late night eats. I don't think it was common for them to be open at midnight, but I think they made an exception during Bike Week.

Sand Dollars
    They were a go to spot for a quick breakfast during Bike Week.

A couple years ago they didn't open until lunch and it's been that way ever since.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDude2 View Post
    They were a go to spot for a quick breakfast during Bike Week.

A couple years ago they didn't open until lunch and it's been that way ever since.
    Wow, I don't get to the Boardwalk in the AM too often these days, but as I recall, it was a pretty popular breakfast spot for people hitting the beach in the morning or people who rode their bikes on the Boardwalk.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098 View Post
    Wow, I don't get to the Boardwalk in the AM too often these days, but as I recall, it was a pretty popular breakfast spot for people hitting the beach in the morning or people who rode their bikes on the Boardwalk.

I don't know about spring/summer but mid September for bike week the past 5 years or longer they were all closed up at 7:30/8am on the boardwalk. I'm pretty sure they didn't open up until it was nearly lunch when we noticed.