Sign Up|Sign In|Contact|Advertise

Thread: H2Oi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    965
    Sand Dollars
    4,090
    According to Facebook, some of the H2Oi troublemakers are planning to come down the weekend before Christmas. Hopefully, it's a hoax.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    160
    Sand Dollars
    1,303
    Kds, I didn't see what you did on Facebook; however, on the H2Oi 2017 FB page there's now a discussion about the possibility of the town scheduling repaving of Coastal Hwy for their weekend, at least have the road milled that weekend, then get it repaved by the following weekend for Cruisin'. Now I can't see that happening, it just wouldn't work, timewise. However, here is one of the comments on that that I think shows the attitude of these people: When you LIVE in a vacation town... you have NO CONTROL of the people who enter and leave because IN FACT they don't reside there. Yes somethings might have been bad, but all these "locals" need to keep their Metamucil and rolaids mouth shut about something they CANNOT control. In other words, he's saying, we'll do whatever we want to do & we don't care what happens to any one or anything else. Talk about spoiled brats!

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    186
    Sand Dollars
    1,525
    https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/10/...eekend-antics/

    ...now let's see if they walk the walk. In addition to my impounding vehicle idea....I like the idea of setting up inspections at the Towns entrances. If your car doesn't pass it gets impounded. It may have adverse affect on the residents and legitimate visitors, but doesn't have to be too obtrusive. Just have checkpoints at the entranceways and wave the normal people by. Pull the buttplugs over into a lot and inspect. Just like DUI checkpoints.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    965
    Sand Dollars
    4,090
    Quote Originally Posted by EllAnn View Post
    Kds, I didn't see what you did on Facebook; however, on the H2Oi 2017 FB page there's now a discussion about the possibility of the town scheduling repaving of Coastal Hwy for their weekend, at least have the road milled that weekend, then get it repaved by the following weekend for Cruisin'. Now I can't see that happening, it just wouldn't work, timewise. However, here is one of the comments on that that I think shows the attitude of these people: When you LIVE in a vacation town... you have NO CONTROL of the people who enter and leave because IN FACT they don't reside there. Yes somethings might have been bad, but all these "locals" need to keep their Metamucil and rolaids mouth shut about something they CANNOT control. In other words, he's saying, we'll do whatever we want to do & we don't care what happens to any one or anything else. Talk about spoiled brats!
    I think DeMan's ideas of trying to keep them out, but I doubt that anyone would actually have the stones to do anything like that for fear of some sort of bogus class action discrimination lawsuit.

    I guess whichever dirtbag posted that didn't notice that 78 people were arrested, and that it doesn't matter whether or not you're a resident, if you act a fool, you'll be treated as such.

  5. #25
    Senior Member pghDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    269
    Sand Dollars
    1,816
    From what I've read one of the great attractions is "the strip" -- a long and wide coastal highway.

    OC should just make "the strip" less attractive for these events. Close sections and route traffic around a block of side streets, narrow stretches to one lane, do DUI checkpoints all weekend. If they need advice they should contact Pittsburgh authorities -- they have years and years experience with making roads impassable. ;-)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    160
    Sand Dollars
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by pghDave View Post
    From what I've read one of the great attractions is "the strip" -- a long and wide coastal highway.

    OC should just make "the strip" less attractive for these events. Close sections and route traffic around a block of side streets, narrow stretches to one lane, do DUI checkpoints all weekend. If they need advice they should contact Pittsburgh authorities -- they have years and years experience with making roads impassable. ;-)
    PennDOT could also teach the OC people how to make roads impassable!

    You are right about "the strip." In one of the articles in the Dispatch on this it was suggested that they break up Coastal so that it wasn't so attractive. Might work.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    965
    Sand Dollars
    4,090
    Quote Originally Posted by pghDave View Post
    From what I've read one of the great attractions is "the strip" -- a long and wide coastal highway.

    OC should just make "the strip" less attractive for these events. Close sections and route traffic around a block of side streets, narrow stretches to one lane, do DUI checkpoints all weekend. If they need advice they should contact Pittsburgh authorities -- they have years and years experience with making roads impassable. ;-)
    Baltimore could help too. First order of business. Take the traffic lights out of sync so it takes all day to go from the Inlet to DE.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Z06RL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,220
    Sand Dollars
    7,517
    Quote Originally Posted by EllAnn View Post
    PennDOT could also teach the OC people how to make roads impassable!

    You are right about "the strip." In one of the articles in the Dispatch on this it was suggested that they break up Coastal so that it wasn't so attractive. Might work.
    I live in PA. That made me laugh..............because it's true! lol

    Yes, what I read as well is that they are considering blocking Coastal to one or two lanes. And possibly adding speed bumps every few blocks which will make them slow down to get over them, or maybe even prevent some of them from getting up the highway. BUT the residents and business owners HAVE to be behind the city doing this as it will affect them as well. Workers could be late for shifts, residents would be inconvenienced from their daily activities, and what about buses?

    Now today, I've been reading posts on the one page that they're planning on coming down again this weekend to "f up the Cruiser's weekend".
    It makes me so angry that these little shits have attitudes like they do. I'm so glad I have two children to be proud of who know how to have fun, but don't have to act like animals to do it. They all need mommy and daddy to grab their ears and take away their rides!

    Here's a link to some of the nonsense that went on. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...cean+city+2017
    Last edited by Z06RL; 10-04-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    Ask an OC Insider

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    160
    Sand Dollars
    1,303
    Z06RL, breaking up Coastal into short segments would really be a nuisance, even a burden for some people & I don't know if that could really be made to work. Part of this problem goes back to business owners who were afraid to do anything that might discourage anyone from coming to town. I really can't blame them, they do need to make money. But now I think that they realize that these punks aren't bringing that much business to town & what they do bring isn't worth the problems that they cause.
    I really find it hard to understand the attitudes of these kids. I know that kids today don't respect authority or property of others like I was taught to; but, these crazies are just beyond belief. And, it seems like most of them are actually young adults instead of children. If they mess up this weekend's CruisIn' maybe that'll cause someone to wake up. But it will most likely be difficult to get much of anything effective past the legal eagles of the ACLU. And, since they do their work pro bono, it won't even cost these nut cases anything.

  10. #30
    Member SlowRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gaithersburg & the Pyramid on 95th St
    Posts
    63
    Sand Dollars
    779
    • Impound the reckless driving / burnout / etc. offenders' cars, with an obscenely high fee to have the vehicle returned - payable by certified check, not by mom or dad's credit card online or over the phone. Make it as inconvenient for mom and dad as possible. I prefer to see the car crushed for scrap, but I know that I can be rather "extreme" in my thinking :-)
    • Inspections are also an excellent idea. Focus the inspections on the extreme wheel cambers and modified exhausts that these ass-wipes seem to love. Establish a max sound ordinance, and make decibel meters available to the inspectors.
    • Restricting traffic flow would work, but that also punishes the "normal" drivers, residents, and event attendees. It will also discourage tourism because good people won't want to come here and deal with it. You don't want to get the good ones against you.
    These measures can work and people will be supportive, as long as they are applied in the extreme cases and not applied in more "benign" and typical moving vehicle violations.

    Publicize the actions for others to see. Put up programmable road signs with the count of how many cars have been impounded almost like how many burgers were sold.

    They'll bring revenue to OC allright, in IMPOUND fees and FINES.
    Last edited by SlowRider; 10-04-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    Regards,
    Pete, Gaithersburg & Ocean City

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Ocean City Maryland Hotels and Info for the Perfect OC Vacation | OceanCity.com
Get SocialGet Social
Facebook Twitter Flickr Pinterest