Thread: H2Oi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/ocean-cit...-h2oi-weekend/

78 people were arrested over the weekend.

Sand Dollars
    I'm sure most of you know about, & are sick of hearing about, the events for the past weekend. But for anyone who wants to know more here are 2 articles in the Dispatch. https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/10/02/in-letter-oc-police-chief-condemns-rowdy-weekend-behavior/ and https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/10/02/attempted-murder-charges-filed-cops-intentionally-struck-by-vehicle-shots-fired/ I'm sure that the jerks who were participating in the havoc over the weekend will consider these articles to be an indication of just how successful the weekend was, not a condemnation of it.
    Something tells me that it's going to take a death during this type of nuttiness before the town gets really serious about shutting down these things. And I'm wondering just how long it'll be before guns, by participants, not police, become involved,

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/ocean-cit...-h2oi-weekend/

78 people were arrested over the weekend.
    Truly sad. I have to say that I really admire the restraint of the OCPD in these cases where these dirtbags are driving around with "F*** the Police" painted on their cars.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by EllAnn View Post
    I'm sure most of you know about, & are sick of hearing about, the events for the past weekend. But for anyone who wants to know more here are 2 articles in the Dispatch. https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/10/02/in-letter-oc-police-chief-condemns-rowdy-weekend-behavior/ and https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/10/02/attempted-murder-charges-filed-cops-intentionally-struck-by-vehicle-shots-fired/ I'm sure that the jerks who were participating in the havoc over the weekend will consider these articles to be an indication of just how successful the weekend was, not a condemnation of it.
    Something tells me that it's going to take a death during this type of nuttiness before the town gets really serious about shutting down these things. And I'm wondering just how long it'll be before guns, by participants, not police, become involved,
    EllAnn....you may not need to wonder much longer. Six arrests were made for weapons violations. Not sure if guns were involved but my guess is at least some of them were. Like I said before an emergency ordinance can be passed the week before these turds show up stating that Any traffic violations can result in impounding your vehicle until you pay a couple grand in CASH to get it back on Monday. The first time a tow truck hooks up one of these lowriding pieces of crap and everyone sees sparks flying as the bumper scrapes along coastal highway things will settle down.

Sand Dollars
    DeMan, thanks. I am not surprised on bit! I know that the Chamber of Commerce doesn't like to condemn or demean any group that brings people & money to town. But this has truly gotten out of hand. And, once a shot is fired by one of these nutcases news of it will spread like wildfire & this group will quickly drive people & money away from town. I have no idea what the solution is. I do realize that it is difficult to ban certain groups due to discrimination laws; but someone better come up with a solution soon. I like the idea of your emergency declaration, but I wonder if that might just bring in a horde of pro bono ACLU lawyers & cost OC a lot of money to defend the declaration.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by EllAnn View Post
    DeMan, thanks. I am not surprised on bit! I know that the Chamber of Commerce doesn't like to condemn or demean any group that brings people & money to town. But this has truly gotten out of hand. And, once a shot is fired by one of these nutcases news of it will spread like wildfire & this group will quickly drive people & money away from town. I have no idea what the solution is. I do realize that it is difficult to ban certain groups due to discrimination laws; but someone better come up with a solution soon. I like the idea of your emergency declaration, but I wonder if that might just bring in a horde of pro bono ACLU lawyers & cost OC a lot of money to defend the declaration.
    Although this is a special group because they really don't spend any money. When I was down there three years ago during H2Oi, I found the perfect way to avoid the idiots. Go into a restaurant or a bar.

If anything, the continued presence of this group will cost OC money in the long run as people wanting to get some last weekend in OC before the weather turns will either avoid that particular weekend, or spend their money elsewhere.

Sand Dollars
    I LOVE the idea of impounding the car. Then you aren't discriminating against any group, it's a "SAFETY" issue.

And even as a mc rider, I think the same should be done with these little squids popping wheelies and weaving between cars on their crotch rockets. And I think $2,000 to get their car back is a GIFT.
    Regards,
    Pete, Gaithersburg & Ocean City

Sand Dollars
    I think impounding is a great idea. And I'm happy to announce that I read on their FB page today that they (the rowdy group) is talking about going to Myrtle Beach next year. We can hope.
    Ask an OC Insider

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    I think impounding is a great idea. And I'm happy to announce that I read on their FB page today that they (the rowdy group) is talking about going to Myrtle Beach next year. We can hope.
    These area all great thoughts and ideas; especially the impounding option. As always, I urge everyone here to share them with the Mayor, City Council and Chief of Police. Hate to blame them, as they seem to be doing a good job, but if this weekend takeover crap continues, or God forbid, gets worse, perhaps they need to be replaced in favor of officials that can actually get some action here:

https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/city-hall...-city-council/

https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/departments/police/

Sand Dollars
    I saw somewhere that someone said more police should by present. I'm not sure that would really do much good, these guys look at the police presence as a challenge & just work harder at avoiding them or irritating them. And then in one of the published articles it said that maybe they should "re-brand" OC. How, I don't know. Afterall, OC is a beach town, a vacation town, a resort town; how can you really re-brand that? It is a serious problem & the people in charge really do have a major problem trying to get it under control & still remain "legal."