Thread: H2Oi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

H2Oi

How was it this weekend? I understand that the actual car show at Whaley Campground was cancelled, but that a lot of the members w/their cars were coming anyway to wreck havoc in OC.

Sand Dollars
    Based on the (super obnoxious) locals page that I'm a member of on Facebook, the weekend was not so good and a lot of people are pissed.

As I understand it, there were lots of arrests made, disrespect to the streets and police, and general tomfoolery.

I do think that there are just a few really terrible and disrespectful h2oi drivers that make everyone else look bad, which tends to be the case at these types of events.

Sand Dollars
    It was awful. Worse than ever. They even attacked two OC police officers. They have a FB page and plenty of videos. Unbelievable. My sister in law was in OC for the first time ever and came home yesterday. She stayed at the QI and Suites on 33rd St. She told me she had several boys above her room who had loudspeakers and were yelling lewd names at women and men, spitting, throwing food and water bottles off the balconies. Someone (not her) reported them and the staff threw them out. Well, before they left, they tossed all of the patio furniture from the balcony. They should have been arrested for that (maybe they were, I don't know). These nut jobs were posting their tickets on FB, some were nearly $2000! They were proud of it! They said they were coming to tear up the town and they did. Now they're all saying they'll be back next year and it will be worse. I don't understand this mentality at all. Someone please explain it to me. It makes me sick.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Thanks, Kristin & Z06RL. It does sound awful. Maybe the fact that the real event was cancelled but most of the would-be participants came anyway since they had already made arrangements (reservations, time off work, assuming that they do work, etc). It also sounds like they're trying to destroy OC for everyone. I did see some of those pix, vids on their webpage. Really stupid! They consider a high amount of fines to be a badge of honor. I'd say there's needs to be even more arrests. And someone needs to find a way to keep such people out of OC to start with. I know, that's almost impossible; until they break a law they have as much right to be there as anyone else. But, surely somehow, there can be a way to use "intent" as a means to keep them out of town. From the pix & vids it seems like the big attraction is the long straight stretch of road that Coastal Highway provides, maybe the police can find a way to break that up some. And, I did see one post by one of them implying that next year they want to "attend" some of the other car events, even Bike Weeks. That could lead to major problems for OC. One question, where in the heck do these guys, & a few gals, get their money for the cars & to spend on all this hell-raising? Those cars plus all the modifications they do them are not cheap, & they literally destroy some of them during this weekend. Maybe the fact that they attacked 2 police officers will really get the attention of the right people in the town, county & even the state of Maryland to look more closely at this whole mess.

Sand Dollars
    From the reports I've read, it seems like cancelling the official event might have actually made things worse.

Sand Dollars
    It was like someone put out a bulletin for every a-hole living in their parents basement to come to OC and act like an idiot......and they did. These midget minds save all year to go to the beach for a weekend and either sit in traffic or stand on the sidewalk with a camera to watch traffic. The next decent looking car I see at this function will be the first one. Now wheels???? They have Wheels. Spend $5k on wheels to put on a $500 piece of crap. And don't get me started with the vulgar messages on their cars. Can't even begin to mention them. At least they don't clog up the restaurants unless you frequent McDonald's or Burger King (that's all they can afford).

There is a solution though.....pass an ordinance for the week that states any violations of the sort will result in impounding their vehicles and the only way they get them back is to pay HUGE CASH payments. Can't use mommy's credit card. Even ACLU lawyers won't back them.

Kristen, I am sorry to disagree with you but it is not a FEW that cause the problems. It is damn near ALL of them.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMan View Post
    It was like someone put out a bulletin for every a-hole living in their parents basement to come to OC and act like an idiot......and they did. These midget minds save all year to go to the beach for a weekend and either sit in traffic or stand on the sidewalk with a camera to watch traffic. The next decent looking car I see at this function will be the first one. Now wheels???? They have Wheels. Spend $5k on wheels to put on a $500 piece of crap. And don't get me started with the vulgar messages on their cars. Can't even begin to mention them. At least they don't clog up the restaurants unless you frequent McDonald's or Burger King (that's all they can afford).

There is a solution though.....pass an ordinance for the week that states any violations of the sort will result in impounding their vehicles and the only way they get them back is to pay HUGE CASH payments. Can't use mommy's credit card. Even ACLU lawyers won't back them.

Kristen, I am sorry to disagree with you but it is not a FEW that cause the problems. It is damn near ALL of them.
    That's a great idea. But I'd make that ordinance permanent.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMan View Post

I live just outside OC, so I wasn't in town much for the weekend--most of what I saw came from Facebook, so I thought maybe it was just a few groups being awful. Guess not.

I know that the event used to take place in Whaleyville, so maybe things are worse now that they're spending all their time in town and not at the Whaleyville campgrounds? But yeah, I really don't understand being proud of thousand-dollar tickets (or anything they do, but like...seriously??).

Sand Dollars
    Just to clarify. H20i is an event for VW and Audi owners to come and enjoy their event and it's held at Whaleyville in Berlin. It really is only a few hundred cars. The problem exists because it's kids with Mitsubishi's, Toyotas, Hondas, and other so called "ricer" cars have decided that since they can't take part in H20i, they'll just go to OC on their own and raise hell.
    The organizer this year, realized that is what happened and opted to cancel the event hoping that those kids would stay away. But it didn't happen, and it was worse. With all of the car shows, the problem doesn't lie with the registered attendees, but with the ones who aren't part of the show, but think that it's their chance (or excuse) to act like fools with their vehicles and get away with it. Social media has a lot to do with this behavior and attitude. That's how they get their info, coordinate their activities, see videos and think "I can do that" and then do it. It's today's mentality. It scares me. And I have a feeling that OC is going to be keeping a solid eye on the the car shows the next two weekends (Endless Summer Cruise In and Corvette Weekend) and then make a decision on whether to allow ANY more car shows take place in OC. I have a feeling that this may be the last year for them all.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars

H2o..

This is very sad,,,, what kid of upbringing did these kids have? They show no respect for anyone... I wasnt in OC..but my niece was..and said,,, she had to have people in chairs MOVE so they could get into the condo parking lot... she said V ery loud and obnoxious....SO sad...