+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Dogs on boardwalk and beach.

As often as I go to OC i seem to forget what the dates are for dogs on beach and boardwalk. I thought it was from Oct 1- May 1 dogs are ALLOWED on both? But last weekend...I saw about 6 different dogs on the boardwalk.

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    As often as I go to OC i seem to forget what the dates are for dogs on beach and boardwalk. I thought it was from Oct 1- May 1 dogs are ALLOWED on both? But last weekend...I saw about 6 different dogs on the boardwalk.
    Pretty sure those are the dates. The rule isn't enforced too well even during peak season and especially in September, before the rule takes place. Am heading there this weekend and planning on taking our well-behaved 110 lb. Rhodesian Ridgeback on the boards and beach. May put him in "attack mode" when I get to the Caroline St. "bum station"

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozo View Post
    Pretty sure those are the dates. The rule isn't enforced too well even during peak season and especially in September, before the rule takes place. Am heading there this weekend and planning on taking our well-behaved 110 lb. Rhodesian Ridgeback on the boards and beach. May put him in "attack mode" when I get to the Caroline St. "bum station"
    love it... AWESOME...

Sand Dollars
    No dogs from May 1 to October 1. But just try and find anyone to enforce it. It's like blowing smoke on the boardwalk..........oh wait, you're not allowed to do that either, but...........
    Ask an OC Insider

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    No dogs from May 1 to October 1. But just try and find anyone to enforce it. It's like blowing smoke on the boardwalk..........oh wait, you're not allowed to do that either, but...........
    One problem with dogs was explained to us by our SRT a while ago. You cannot legally be asked to show proof that your dog is a "Service Animal"!!!!

This is ridiculous and why so many people are abusing this rule, bringing them on planes,etc. Heard about one woman bringing a "service turkey" on a plane and she got away with it.

So you don't even have to buy a service dog outfit, just plead the 5th. Sometimes I think we have too many freedoms in our great country.

Sand Dollars
    In well over 30 summers going to Ocean City, I've never seen as many dogs on the Boardwalk as I have this summer.

I didn't make it to the beach too many times this summer, but on these few days we set up on the sand, we had people near us blaring obnoxious Top 40 music. One of which was a woman, laying by herself sunbathing. If you're by yourself at least bring earbuds.

Sand Dollars
    I am one of the stupid ones. You know the type. The ones that actually follow the rules. My son has the most well behaved dog and he is awesome. He brings him to our condo but I tell him the dog is not allowed on the beach from May 1 Thru the end of Sept.......and then I watch people allow their dogs on the beach all the time. I feel like an idiot.

I do feel that they should relax those rules for early mornings and late evenings on the beach but until they do I will abide by them.

As for the boardwalk, I have no idea. I don't go there. I wouldn't want to scar the emotional well being of our dog by taking him there

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMan View Post
    I am one of the stupid ones. You know the type. The ones that actually follow the rules. My son has the most well behaved dog and he is awesome. He brings him to our condo but I tell him the dog is not allowed on the beach from May 1 Thru the end of Sept.......and then I watch people allow their dogs on the beach all the time. I feel like an idiot.

I do feel that they should relax those rules for early mornings and late evenings on the beach but until they do I will abide by them.

As for the boardwalk, I have no idea. I don't go there. I wouldn't want to scar the emotional well being of our dog by taking him there
    It seems like rules of OC nowadays are more like "I'm on vacation, I can do whatever I want."