+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

homeless on Caroline street...

We try to go to OC at least once a month...However...we dont go to the boardwalk that often.. the homeless people that hang out there. are quite intimanating. Couldnt the OC police patrol that section a little better...At least during the Peak season? OC is gonna get a bad rep for those and people will vacation elsewhere.....

Sand Dollars
    Having been there twice during peak season this year, I'm not sure you could put any more cops on the boardwalk or nearby.

Sand Dollars

homeless,,

hmmm i guess that is true...but maybe more "diorderly conduct " arrests? just saying.... there are other places to vacation..and OC is not inexpensive either.. We have a condo there...so it doesnt cost us for a room..but i have seen what places charge for tourists...

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    We try to go to OC at least once a month...However...we dont go to the boardwalk that often.. the homeless people that hang out there. are quite intimanating. Couldnt the OC police patrol that section a little better...At least during the Peak season? OC is gonna get a bad rep for those and people will vacation elsewhere.....
    Check out the other thread about this. It really needs to be addressed. Contact the Mayor & OC City Council. It's easy to do online and you usually get a response. If you really have time; send in a letter to the Dispatch. They usually print them.

I was in the restrooms that they are trying to annex and the whole room was filled with cigarette smoke, they were sleeping on the sink counters and the whole room smelled like a dump.

we can get action if more people complain instead of the "somebody else will do something" mindset.

Sand Dollars
    Which of the OC Webcams, if any, show the area?
    Regards,
    Pete, Gaithersburg & Ocean City

Sand Dollars
    Just found this; ain't getting any better, folks! https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/09/...tember-8-2017/

Sand Dollars

homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Jozo View Post
    Check out the other thread about this. It really needs to be addressed. Contact the Mayor & OC City Council. It's easy to do online and you usually get a response. If you really have time; send in a letter to the Dispatch. They usually print them.

I was in the restrooms that they are trying to annex and the whole room was filled with cigarette smoke, they were sleeping on the sink counters and the whole room smelled like a dump.

we can get action if more people complain instead of the "somebody else will do something" mindset.
    I did email the Chamber of Commerce... i will let ya know IF i hear anything back.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    I did email the Chamber of Commerce... i will let ya know IF i hear anything back.
    Try this link: https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/city-hall...-city-council/

You can opt to send your message to the Mayor and all council members at once.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozo View Post
    Just found this; ain't getting any better, folks! https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2017/09/...tember-8-2017/
    Omg, you're right. There was a big Paul Revere's ad on there claiming it's the "best family buffet in OC". Totally ruined my day when I saw that and repressed memories surfaced.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
    Which of the OC Webcams, if any, show the area?
    Plim plaza ocean cam is the only one,it pans,so you get a glimpse about once a minute,zoom in for a better view,hope this helps.