Thread: Bike Week

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by terp84alum View Post
    Hey Pete. My local dealer, Twigg in Hagerstown, is having an Indian Open House on Sept 9.
    Hey Ken,
    Thanks for letting me know. They're my dealer too - unfortunately I already have two commitments on the 9th. I'll let the other two Indian owners in my club know. They'll be looking for a place to ride.

Thanks again!
    Regards,
    Pete, Gaithersburg & Ocean City

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
    I've been riding a motorcycle for many years, own a condo at the Pyramid, and even I can't stand the noise!!! I rode a rented bike with loud pies twice, and I thought I would go nuts. I went to a couple of Bike Weeks, and I may come down to this one just to see if Indian Motorcycles is offering anything special, but I usually avoid it too LOL. And I have to agree - 99% of us are nice and courteous!

PS: Please be careful when making your left turns - it's hard to judge the speed at which that bike is approaching. Waiting just a few seconds might avoid a tragic accident.
    Pete: Thanks for being one of the rare quiet bikers! Just met another one at our annual block party. Guy just moved in a few years ago and was talking to us about his Harley. I never knew there was one in the neighborhood, and also thanked him for not waking the dead in our nice quiet development.

Figured out a way to get to OC with Mom on Sunday the 17th, so we'll avoid the bikes. Was also thinking about Irma, should be gone by then if it heads up the coast, but you never know.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozo View Post
    Figured out a way to get to OC with Mom on Sunday the 17th, so we'll avoid the bikes. Was also thinking about Irma, should be gone by then if it heads up the coast, but you never know.
    Yep, both the bikers and Irma will be gone. But FEAR THE SUNFESTERS! They'll be arriving mid week. Pretty rowdy crowd!

Sand Dollars
    Pete: Thanks for being one of the rare quiet bikers! Just met another one at our annual block party. Guy just moved in a few years ago and was talking to us about his Harley. I never knew there was one in the neighborhood, and also thanked him for not waking the dead in our nice quiet development.

You're welcome Jozo! I'm interested in what those loud-pipe guys will be doing in the future when combustion engines are a thing of the past. It's not that far off. Harley already makes an all electric bike. Can you imagine a "silent Bike Week"??
    We're watching out for Irma as well.
    Regards,
    Pete, Gaithersburg & Ocean City

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
    You're welcome Jozo! I'm interested in what those loud-pipe guys will be doing in the future when combustion engines are a thing of the past. It's not that far off. Harley already makes an all electric bike. Can you imagine a "silent Bike Week"??
    We're watching out for Irma as well.
    Unfortunately, I don't see any end to the bike noise; they'll always figure a way out to make noise, even if it's putting playing cards in the wheel spokes like we did when we were 7 years old.

Still no clue on Irma's path when she makes landfall. I hear Hogan is sending in the National Guard...........................not for Irma, but for the Sunfesters! (that was for you pghDave!)

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by pghDave View Post
    Yep, both the bikers and Irma will be gone. But FEAR THE SUNFESTERS! They'll be arriving mid week. Pretty rowdy crowd!
    So true! Those ladies (I use the term loosely) will push & shove you to death to get to those crafts! And I'm not kiddin' one bit. When SunFest started we went to them every fall, loved them for about 5 years. Then it started to get too big, there were just too many people. In the beginning the food booths were from local service clubs, churches & other local organizations. The food was really good; the Lions Club sold the best oyster sandwiches. Now the food is all from commercial type vendors & isn't nearly as good as it was, & it's much more expensive.

Sand Dollars
    I'd be a little afraid of the rowdy crowd that Christopher Cross is going to bring.

Sand Dollars
    Bob: that really sucks and is Murphy's Law to the extreme. Can you post your dates to OC for us, so we can all plan around them?

Hope your next excursion has great weather. Not much to do in the rain but drink and play Monopoly.
    I'll be there Oct. 5-8, maybe the 9th, for Endless Summer Cruisin'. As for Murphy's Law, he just made another visit. We have the 2017 Challenger registered for the show. My wife just damaged it yesterday. If I can't get it fixed to my satisfaction before the show I told her we ain't going because she sure as hell ain't driving the other 3 cars we've had registered for past shows.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098 View Post
    Do you mind making reservations during the H2Oi?

That's a great idea!

I wonder if Washington D.C. has any campgrounds too?

Sand Dollars
    H20i is Sept 29 - Oct. 1. I bet a lot of people are wishing an Irma would show up then. lol
    Ask an OC Insider