+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Lightbulb Best Steamed Crabs in OC

We have gotten steamed crabs from Crab Alley, Crab Bag, Higgins, PGN, On the Bay seafood, Shrimp Boat,,, in the past few years...All have been good..we normally get small-medium..... But this time. thinking of treating ourselves to Large..Want to get the BEST ones for our money...any thoughts out there???

Sand Dollars
    I'm a big fan of Crabs to Go at the corner of ROute 589 (Racetrack Road) and Route 50. It's about 5 miles west of OC. They're not cheap, but they have excellent crabs year round!

Sand Dollars

lrage crabs

Thanks... i have heard this from other people...that may be where we get them...THANKS>

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCGuy View Post
    I'm a big fan of Crabs to Go ...
    I wanted to give crabs to go a try this year but when I called they were only selling takeout half bushels in mixed sizes of small, medium and large. Seemed odd to me and I questioned the girl but that seemed to be what she said. Is that their normal practice? We usually get mediums so it'd probably worked out but I didn't like the idea of the mixed sizes so went back to the crab bag.

For the record crab bag provided a very good half bushel ... made for a good evening of picking. Prices between the two places were comparable.

There were a couple places cheaper than these two but I only buy crabs once a year so didn't feel like rolling the dice.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCGuy View Post
    I'm a big fan of Crabs to Go at the corner of ROute 589 (Racetrack Road) and Route 50. It's about 5 miles west of OC. They're not cheap, but they have excellent crabs year round!
    I agree Crabs to Go has excellent crabs.
    common sense is not so common