Sign Up|Sign In|Contact|Advertise
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6
    Sand Dollars
    495

    Off-season dinner

    What are some of the best offseason dinner restaurants or new restaurants. Doesnt matter what type of food, just looking for whats open and good quality.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Z06RL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,250
    Sand Dollars
    7,936
    If you enjoy the seafood buffets, Embers is open Friday thru Sunday. We enjoy it. Rare and Rye is new in the LaQuinta hotel on 33rd St and while I haven't been there, I hear it's good. BJ's on the Water is always good. Captain's Table inside the Courtyard hotel on 15th is one of our favorites. If you don't mind the drive, head over to Selbyville to Mio Fratellos for housemade pasta and bread. Excellent. Fagers is consistently good.
    Ask an OC Insider

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181
    Sand Dollars
    1,440
    If you're just looking for a good restaurant, not buffet, Coins is open everyday, I think they open at noon most days. It has good food, reasonably priced. Layton's on 16th Street (or near abouts) is open every day for breakfast. And, I'm sure there are lots more. Afterall the locals are still there & I'm sure they probably go to the restaurants more during the off season than during the summer to avoid the crowds. You may find that the prices are a little better now, too.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Posts
    152
    Sand Dollars
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by EllAnn View Post
    If you're just looking for a good restaurant, not buffet, Coins is open everyday, I think they open at noon most days. It has good food, reasonably priced. Layton's on 16th Street (or near abouts) is open every day for breakfast. And, I'm sure there are lots more. Afterall the locals are still there & I'm sure they probably go to the restaurants more during the off season than during the summer to avoid the crowds. You may find that the prices are a little better now, too.
    Coins is one of our favorite places. Kind of a well-kept locals secret, a bit on the "blue-hair" side, as it seems to attract the geriatrics, but the food and service are great. Crabcakes really good. Our condo board holds its meeting there, as it's across the street.

    Mother's Cantina is next door and also open all year. Happy Hour is at 4:00; $3.50 Margaritas. My favorite place to watch a game, as it's a 5 minute walk. Get there early, even in off-season.

    More on this thread:

    http://www.oceancity.com/forums/show...t-s-open-in-OC

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181
    Sand Dollars
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozo View Post
    Coins is one of our favorite places. Kind of a well-kept locals secret, a bit on the "blue-hair" side, as it seems to attract the geriatrics, but the food and service are great. Crabcakes really good. Our condo board holds its meeting there, as it's across the street.
    Suits us perfectly. We're 75 & 76! We've been going there for years.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Posts
    152
    Sand Dollars
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by EllAnn View Post
    Suits us perfectly. We're 75 & 76! We've been going there for years.
    I'm not far behind you, 61.

    Last time I was in Coins, this guy in his 80's had a "I've fallen and I can't get up" moment. Not sure if it was too much time at the bar or what. Anyway the life squad carted him away and it didn't look serious (unless he comes back with his attorney!)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181
    Sand Dollars
    1,440
    We usually end up sitting at a table near the bar. We are always amused at the amount of local gossip that we hear, we don't know the people involved but the tales that are told around that bar are truly "worth the price of admission."

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20
    Sand Dollars
    468

    Favorite Dinners

    We like Liquid Assets, Dry 85 and Longboard Cafe.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1
    Sand Dollars
    203
    Hello,

    How can I get the tour guide in ocean city???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Ocean City Maryland Hotels and Info for the Perfect OC Vacation | OceanCity.com
Get SocialGet Social
Facebook Twitter Flickr Pinterest