Thread: 2017 Trip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sand Dollars
    I don't know if Harborside has fallen that much or not. We didn't like it the first time years ago. I could see hanging out for a drink and a burger, but not for dinner.

As far a the Lazy Lizard, I wrote a review a few years back about a lunch I had there. The reference was to the doorman they had carding people and putting bracelets on them for being over 21. The Lazy Lizard guy was rather gruff with a mouthful of rotten teeth. It was lunch time as well which made me feel as though I was taking my children and mother into a night club not bayside restaurant. That was the high point of our trip to the Lizard. So when we met the door man at the harborside complete with a lip full of snuff it brought back that memory. Still only two times in my life I have been carded walking into a place for a meal in OCMD.

DeMan the bartenders at LA told us about Our Harvest. We will hit that place next year for sure.

I know the plaza is expensive. Before the prices started really going nuts we used to rent a nicer unit than the current one. We actually rented the same unit for years. It is a beautiful unit just way too much money. We like the plaza because of the 3 bedroom units, indoor pool and the 2 parking passes. Next year we will not need both passes or the 3 bedrooms so we will be open to another building for sure. We did like the carousel as a building, but we have not seen a condo there only a hotel room.

brianpa

Sand Dollars
    I think the wrist band thing is pretty common among larger establishments in OC that serve alcohol, regardless of the time of day. I know Fish Tales does the same, and I think Seacrets does as well. It makes things a little easier for the servers and bartenders there.

Sand Dollars
    My husband & I have been eating at Fish Tales for years, lunch time & dinner time, & we have never been given wrist bands!

Sand Dollars
    KDS first I would hardly call Fish tales a "large establishment" . Like EllAnn I have never been carded in fish tales although it has been a few years since we have been there. The last for lunch at seacrets we were not banded.

Last time I brought up the bracelet thing it started a conversation with some saying everyone uses them and others saying they never heard of such a thing. As previously mentioned it is easier to give a bracelet to your friend than create a fake id in 2017. But whatever. I think a good rule of thumb that we are going to use moving forward is: If we are going to lunch or dinner and someone cards us in the parking lot and has bracelets for us, we are going elsewhere for the meal. If we are going out for a drink at a party atmosphere type place after 8pm and they card us and have braclets depending on how bad we want to see the place we may stay.

brianpa

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by brianpa View Post
    KDS first I would hardly call Fish tales a "large establishment" . Like EllAnn I have never been carded in fish tales although it has been a few years since we have been there. The last for lunch at seacrets we were not banded.

Last time I brought up the bracelet thing it started a conversation with some saying everyone uses them and others saying they never heard of such a thing. As previously mentioned it is easier to give a bracelet to your friend than create a fake id in 2017. But whatever. I think a good rule of thumb that we are going to use moving forward is: If we are going to lunch or dinner and someone cards us in the parking lot and has bracelets for us, we are going elsewhere for the meal. If we are going out for a drink at a party atmosphere type place after 8pm and they card us and have braclets depending on how bad we want to see the place we may stay.

brianpa
    It's big enough to have multiple bars and many places to sit, maybe not large compared to Seacrets. Do they have multiple entrances? I've never been to Fish Tales where I didn't walk in and have a person look at my drivers license and give me a wrist band. Though, I think it's optional, as I've seen people walk past the booth and not get stopped (which sort of defeats the purpose).