+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Body found in sand

Anyone have any new info..since yesterday... a 30 year old female found dead in a hole in the sand... was on Vacation with her parents from Texas.
    Said looks accidental?

Sand Dollars
    I haven't seen any new developments.

The last I heard, she had a plastic wristband on, which indicated she may been been in a bar or club that night.

There was also sadly a drowning when a man went swimming after the OCBP was off duty.

Sand Dollars

body in sand

very sad.... both cases.... i love going and sitting by the water towards evening...or strolling along the edge..but NO WAY AM I GETTING IN THE OCEAN.. People think they are invincible. As far as the woman they found....i will not go out late at night. alone... even just to walk the dog... sad to say..but better to be safe than sorry...

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    very sad.... both cases.... i love going and sitting by the water towards evening...or strolling along the edge..but NO WAY AM I GETTING IN THE OCEAN.. People think they are invincible. As far as the woman they found....i will not go out late at night. alone... even just to walk the dog... sad to say..but better to be safe than sorry...
    If the water's too rough, I won't even get into the ocean if the lifeguards are on duty.

I'm with you, I love sitting near the ocean, and smelling the ocean breeze, but in recent years, we've spent more time in the pool than the ocean (plus, it's a lot less stuff to transport when you go to the pool).

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    I read speculation that she may have been run over by a sand-sifting truck. No confirmation, yet, but certainly a possibility and I wonder why it doesn't happen more often. I see people passed out all the time from a day of sun and booze and often the trucks roll by with poor visibility, fog, mist, etc.

Anxious to hear the official report.

Sand Dollars
    They were doing CPR on another swimmer early this morning before the lifeguards were on duty. These "tourons" just don't get it.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    They were doing CPR on another swimmer early this morning before the lifeguards were on duty. These "tourons" just don't get it.
    When people go on vacation, they think they're invincible. I don't get it. Especially with how rough the waters of the mid Atlantic can be.

Right now, the death of the young lady they found on the beach at 2nd street is being called "accidental." Reports say she went onto the sand around 2am, and suffocated from the sand. Sounds like she'd been drinking, and wandered onto the beach and passed out.

The part of her being buried is still up in the air though.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    "Tourons" ? Really. The compassion for people losing loved ones is amazing.

Sand Dollars
    Don't get me wrong. I feel much compassion for all of them. But when tourists come to town and do stupid stuff that gets them hurt or killed, then that word comes into play. Like the guy who ended up in the trash compactor the other day.
    Oh and the woman who was found dead in the sand wasn't in the water. Her body was well back on the beach. I'm not saying she's the "touron". The touron was the one who dug the hole and didn't fill it up when they left the beach. The touron is the one who left the dog food out for the mare at Assateague to eat, and then die. Very sad all around. Her wife has a go fund me set up to help with funeral expenses if anyone would like to donate.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    It seems like there have also been a lot of cases this summer of people jumping head first into very shallow water. I think at least one is paralyzed.

Hopefully the rest of the season is a little more uneventful, and people stay safe when they're on vacation.