+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    ... Put armed guards at every street corner and prevent anyone under 40 from coming into town? ...
    You type that as if it would be a bad thing! ;-)

Sand Dollars
    The OP is clearly a troll.
    Ken

Sand Dollars
    The OP's motivations notwithstanding, the "College Beach Weekend" is a major concern in Ocean City, especially after last year's violence.

The OCPD posted something on Facebook about a date change for the CBW, it was supposed to be this coming weekend, but the changes didn't seem to be posted. Does anybody have any information on a date change?

Sand Dollars
    I just checked the OCPD's FB page and didn't see anything about a date change. According to event planners, it's still this weekend.
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/college...ts-32874106337
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I just checked the OCPD's FB page and didn't see anything about a date change. According to event planners, it's still this weekend.
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/college...ts-32874106337
    Thanks, maybe the date change was a false report.

Sand Dollars
    I saw on Facebook that both Hammerheads and Back Shore are embracing the upcoming CBW....that is Country Beach Weekend, by playing nothing but country music at their bars from July 21-23. Brilliant.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098 View Post
    I saw on Facebook that both Hammerheads and Back Shore are embracing the upcoming CBW....that is Country Beach Weekend, by playing nothing but country music at their bars from July 21-23. Brilliant.
    Well, I can see them thinking this might be a deterrent, but it could also just attract the kids who really like that music, or it could anger kids there drinking who want to hear something else. I imagine that most of them will be at Seacrets.

Where are Frankie and Annette and Eric Von Zipper? Let's have some Beach Blanket Bingo type college takeover weekend. lol
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Well, I can see them thinking this might be a deterrent, but it could also just attract the kids who really like that music, or it could anger kids there drinking who want to hear something else. I imagine that most of them will be at Seacrets.

Where are Frankie and Annette and Eric Von Zipper? Let's have some Beach Blanket Bingo type college takeover weekend. lol
    I was in OC for the "College Beach Weekend" last July. I'll just say that the demographic that goes down for that isn't exactly the same demographic that country music goes for. And I'll leave it at that.

Sand Dollars

I don't think many of them will be at Seacrets (cover charge, dress code, pro-active security, etc). Most of them will be hanging downtown causing trouble as in the past. Many college kids are not 21 (not that "college" really has anything to do with this group).

Sand Dollars
    ...I also find it interesting that this is one of the only summer weekends I can remember that there doesn't appear to be any reggae music scheduled for Seacrets according to their entertainment calendar. No Innasense, Jah Works, or Anthem playing this weekend. Very rare for a summer weekend.