+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

College Beach Weekend!!!

I wanted to ask if anyone knew when the next College Beach Weekend" is scheduled for OC. We are planning on a vacation in late July and I just wanted to know when this event is scheduled. I would prefer to not come on a weekend when these "little rascals" take over the beach and the town, and have another RIOT, as they did last year. It seems to me that with OC's entertaining of the "College Beach Weekend", OC has ceased to be a "Family vacation destination", although OC stilll advertises it as such. I know that I am not the only parent who does not feel it is safe to bring their small children to OC, as there are other beach towns where this problem does not exist. OC would do well to halt the hosting of the CBW.

Sand Dollars
    It's scheduled July 21 to 23rd. Hopefully that's not when you're planning to visit.
    Any more, I prefer Bethany or stay strictly in North OC and avoid the boardwalk and downtown area all together.
    And for the record, OC does not sponsor or sanction the college beach weekend any more than it does H20i weekend. But there is nothing they can do to keep it from happening.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    So your screen name is NVROCAgain (never OC again). You say that OC has ceased to be a "Family vacation destination". You say that you and others do not feel safe bringing small children to OC. You claim that other beach towns don't have these problems. YET, you're planning to vacation in OC in late July. Help us out here, Never OC Again. Go vacation in one of those "other beach towns."
    Ken

Sand Dollars
    LOL! I completely missed that Terp. So right. ". I know that I am not the only parent who does not feel it is safe to bring their small children to OC, " So you're bringing your children here. How hypocritical. You're just trying to stir things up. We're on to you. Now go back under your bridge.
    Ask an OC Insider

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Add me to the SMH Club Judging from the several forums that I frequent, you never know what to expect from a poster with single digit total posts.

If anything, I have noticed more families with children renting in our building than in the past. OC isn't perfect, it's a large summer population and you have to expect some riff-raff for three months. It's simple demographics.

The OCPD, OCBP and Mayor/Town Council are doing their best. If you're a local, you can do your part by reporting anything suspicious brewing, or especially sleeping in cars.

I like the idea proposed recently to have a special number to text problems to the OCPD, similar to what they do at ball games. It's quick and confidential.
    Last edited by Jozo; 07-09-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Sand Dollars
    Jozo, Z06RL, & terp84alum, your replies to the initial post are spot on! Did any of you check on the 2 previous post of NVROCAgain? I did. They are interesting. One was on 8/28/2016, & deals with sleeping in cars in OC. Here's a link to it: http://www.oceancity.com/forums/show...eeping-in-cars! The second one was on 8/5/2016 & deals with the College Beach Weekend fiasco of last year. Here's the link: http://www.oceancity.com/forums/show...Weekend/page10 It's on page 10, post #95 of that topic. I find it interesting that he/she was so insistent on calling it a riot last year, but then would schedule a trip to OC this year in what just might be the same weekend. Also, if he/she was N(ever)OCAgain on 8/5/2016 why even think of going to OC this year? Some people like to be 'pot stirrers.' Come on, NVROCAgain, get a life that involves doing something besides just trying to get a reaction to your posts!

Sand Dollars
    I've reported him / her. I suggest everyone else does as well.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Report them for what? Just because their only interest seems to be the College Takeover Weekend doesn't mean they are doing anything wrong. It was damn near a "riot" last year. I am not saying I agree with the post but this forum is dead enough without discouraging people from participating. As for the user name? Maybe they were so disgusted after last year that they joined the forum and really thought they wound never come back again, only to change their mind. Who knows?....but to "report" them as if they posted something vulgar or inappropriate is ridiculous. Again, maybe this attitude is why this forum has been floundering.

Sand Dollars
    I agree with DeMan, however, I don't think anybody performs the "admin" duties anymore so i don't really think a report will accompish anything

Sand Dollars
    Trust me. This person's only agenda is to do nothing but stir up trouble. It has nothing to do with attitude. 3 posts, and every one of them is intended to promote negativity towards Ocean City. Read their post. They're "nvrocagain" but they have a vacation planned. They "don't feel safe bringing their children to OC" but yet they have a vacation planned with the children in OC. It's so obvious that he or she is not interested in Ocean City or they would be a lot more active on the forum, and discuss what they did, enjoyed, etc. like the rest of us do.
    Of course everyone is welcome to voice their opinion, good or bad. But it's obvious that's not what the op is doing. Plus, blaming the city for letting it happen? The city has NOTHING to do with this. What are they going to do to stop it? Put armed guards at every street corner and prevent anyone under 40 from coming into town? Just like H20i weekend. They can't keep those kids out either. It happens. But it's not a city sanctioned event. So don't go blaming the town for things they have no control over. The best the town can do is to be aware that it's happening, and do the best they can to protect the public.
    Ask an OC Insider