Thread: Dry Dock 28

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars

Dry Dock 28

Anybody been there yet? We're across the street and thinking of checking it out

Sand Dollars
    I haven't been, but have heard nothing but good about it. It's owned by Buxy's so my money is on them being right. Buxy's always has good food and drinks.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I'll be going there one day next week,I'll be sure to let you guys know how it is.

Sand Dollars
    We went last week and it was good. We got the feeling the place opened rather hastily to benefit from the summer crowds, so there is probably a lot of improvement on the way. As indicated in a previous post, Buxy knows what he is doing and I'm sure the place will be much better with time.

Our waitress was really nice and even moved the 4 of us to a larger table when we ordered a couple of the 16" pizzas, so we'd have more room.

Only problem is the pizzas, which are great combinations, are only available in 16". Should have smaller options; we took a ton of food home, as they're really filling. Easily fixable problem, and again, this place should get much better with time.

Would also be better dining atmosphere with a lot of Ravens, O's & Terps stuff on the walls

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozo View Post
    Would also be better dining atmosphere with a lot of Ravens, O's & Terps stuff on the walls
    That's why I stick to The Green Turtle.

Sand Dollars
    LOL! Raven's will NEVER happen at Buxy's. It's Steeler's, Penguins, and Pirates all the way for that Pennsylvania boy. He's from the town where I live and I knew his parents. That boy (man) bleeds black and gold. GO STEELERS!
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098 View Post
    That's why I stick to The Green Turtle.
    Agreed: As indicated in my dining thread, I've contacted them about the need for one in mid-town. Would do really well. West O and the one on 116th are just too far. As for the steelers, they're still the only NFL team with SIX asterisks

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozo View Post
    Agreed: As indicated in my dining thread, I've contacted them about the need for one in mid-town. Would do really well. West O and the one on 116th are just too far. As for the steelers, they're still the only NFL team with SIX asterisks
    Sorry, I missed that. We tend to stay in West O, so we tend to hit the Turtle on 611 a few times a year.

I don't go mid town too much in the summer due to traffic, we'll usually stay downtown on in West O. In the off season, we'll hit OCBC, 45th St Taphouse, or Big Peckers, but neither seems to have an allegiance to a sports region.

As for the Steelers, I'll give them their respect for their six champions, but I find some of their fans' refusal to acknowledge pre Super Bowl NFL history to be quite silly.

Sand Dollars
    Ok guys,I know I promised a review for the dry dock but,I never made it there,however,I can say my first experience at The Captains Table was awesome,definitely going back.

Sand Dollars
    kdog2, the Captain's Table has always been one of our favorites. Their food is always fresh and filling and the tastes are spot on. And even though there's no view, it's refreshing to be in a nice cool restaurant and away from the sun and hustle and bustle of the beach and boardwalk. Excellent bar, and we enjoy the soft piano music playing. There are usually coupons online on their web page if you look too.
    Ask an OC Insider