+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Red face Where to Stay in Ocean City!

Hello!

I saw the thread about best hotels/motels but I wanted to ask a more specific question about where to stay!

I'm going to Ocean City for the first time with my boyfriend and a couple friends. I'm looking to stay in a really nice hotel (with the most stars possible)! I know that sound pretentious but I have OCD, so I have issues with staying anywhere that doesn't seem super super clean! We are all over 21, so we're looking to drink, eat, party, have fun, and be right by the beach and where the action is! Could someone suggest a good hotel to stay at? The Hilton or Holiday in seem to be really popular choices!

Thank you!!

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by fetenunu View Post
    Hello!

I saw the thread about best hotels/motels but I wanted to ask a more specific question about where to stay!

I'm going to Ocean City for the first time with my boyfriend and a couple friends. I'm looking to stay in a really nice hotel (with the most stars possible)! I know that sound pretentious but I have OCD, so I have issues with staying anywhere that doesn't seem super super clean! We are all over 21, so we're looking to drink, eat, party, have fun, and be right by the beach and where the action is! Could someone suggest a good hotel to stay at? The Hilton or Holiday in seem to be really popular choices!

Thank you!!
    I highly recommend The Dunes Manor on 28th. Not sure if it tops at at the most stars, but you can't go wrong there. Great location, one block from the boards without most of the noise, etc. Great dining, etc. nearby.......check out my dining review. We're on 29th and a lot of great places within walking distance.

Sand Dollars
    The Holiday Inn on 17th will be the roomiest. But it's showing wear. The Hilton is newer, but it's not on the boardwalk if that's important.
    I'm a big fan of the Dunes as far as nice hotels. You can get the Dunes Manor, Suites, or Dunes Court.
    If you want the BEST in my book, the Inn on the Ocean on 10th St. is adults only, and one of the loveliest places to stay in all of OC. Not cheap, but so well taken care of and you can't beat the breakfast that Vicki serves every morning. Plus they provide bicycles and beach chairs. There is a new La Quinta on 33rd St, one block back from the beach that has been getting good reviews and they have a great restaurant called Rare and Rye.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I hate to burst you bubble, but stars don't mean clean! One of the cleanest motels in OC is the Talbot Inn, but it's not part of any chain, I have no idea how many stars it might have. There's 2 bars right at it, MR Ducks & Marina Deck (also good food). It's not big, fancy or so terribly expensive, but it is CLEAN! I've stayed at a lot of Holiday Inns, Hiltons, & other chains; for cleaniness they cannot beat the Talbot Inn. In fact, some have been downright UNclean! Also, I agree with Z06RL, the Dunes Manor & Dunes Court are quite nice. As I said, stars don't really mean anything!