+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars

Sand Dollars
    Yeah, the current Channel 8 seems to now be a catch all Delmarva Channel, and doesn't focus solely on Ocean City. During my trips 20 years ago, I'd rarely stray away from the RVG channel, and sit there and watch the old ads, and the features with Batman and The Stallion (who still pops up every now and again).

They do still show the Candy Kitchen jingle and the old Ponzetti's add from time to time.

The best OC feature is a feature they've been running for about a decade or so now called On the Boardwalk, which is a 10-12 minute feature hosted by Jessica Bridget which highlights many Boardwalk businesses, such as Trimper's, The Kite Loft, Ripley's, Hammerheads, Back Shore, etc etc. For some reason, Channel 8 seems to run it primary later at night.

Comcast in Baltimore used to put the On the Boardwalk feature On Demand, and I was able to burn the 2013 and 2014 version onto a DVDR. Oddly enough, Comcast is currently offering the 2014 version.

When I was last in OC (Memorial Day), they were still showing last year's version of On the Boardwalk.

Sand Dollars
    Does anyone else remember the public access channel OC used to have? I think it was around Channel 18 or 19. They used to run a lot of OC ads, and there were amateur sketches by a comedy group that called themselves "The Brothers" (around 1996). I also recall seeing an interview and a performance of Boardwalk Elvis singing "Hound Dog."

Before the channel went away, they'd sometimes show brief videos on the history of Ocean City. I think they were the same that are shown in the Life Saving Station Museum.

Sand Dollars
    Hooked on OC airs a good amount of clips from their episodes on Youtube pretty regularly. A lot of it is fishing orientated but there's a mix of everything similar to the old resort guide.

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    Speaking of Ponzetti's, ever wonder why the owner (assume it's him), photo shopped his face several times in the Sunny Day ad?

http://sunnydayguide.com/ocean_city/...tis_AdOC17.pdf

That tune is goofy, but infectious after a while.

Anyone remember the fudge ad from the 80's?.............."That's why Grandma always says; "Steele's Fudge is best".

Sand Dollars
    Looks like DJ Batman is still alive & well in OC. Check out this: http://ococean.com/events/oc-beach-d...ch-dance-party

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by EllAnn View Post
    Looks like DJ Batman is still alive & well in OC. Check out this: http://ococean.com/events/oc-beach-d...ch-dance-party
    I think he's still at MR Ducks every Wednesday. But, he stopped doing the TV stuff years ago.

The Resort Video Guide (as far as OC is concerned) doesn't really have a "host" anymore like Batman used to.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098 View Post
    I think he's still at MR Ducks every Wednesday. But, he stopped doing the TV stuff years ago.

The Resort Video Guide (as far as OC is concerned) doesn't really have a "host" anymore like Batman used to.

We stayed at the Talbot Inn over Easter weekend this year & he was there (at MR Ducks) on Friday night. There seemed to be a lot of people there that night. On Saturday night there was someone else (not sure anymore if it was a band or a dj) & there weren't nearly as many people.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by EllAnn View Post

We stayed at the Talbot Inn over Easter weekend this year & he was there (at MR Ducks) on Friday night. There seemed to be a lot of people there that night. On Saturday night there was someone else (not sure anymore if it was a band or a dj) & there weren't nearly as many people.
    Yeah, he packs 'em in. We saw him DJ/ing a dance party on the beach this past Tuesday Night over on Caroline St.

Sand Dollars
    The channel is still very much alive but as others have stated, it is geared more towards the entire eastern shore of MD and DE. There are still spots on about OC and local commercials. I do enjoy seeing what the DE resorts have to offer too. It's still the first thing I tune to when I get into OC.