+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    scuzzypuppy
    Sand Dollars
    AbethePunk,
    I agree about the buses, I wouldn't ride them if you paid me to. But I feel it is just as easy to drive down to the inlet and park, it is safer in the event that the meter runs out and you get a ticket as when you park on the streets. My fiance and I always park at the inlet and it is easy to drive down to. I was there during peak season last year and it wasn't that bad. Also, my best friend went during senior week last year and she said it was easy to drive down there. But I think the buses are a definite NO GO.

abethepunk
    Sand Dollars
    Thank you all for your posts I just got back, hehe. You're right, the water IS a bit chilly, but I had to swim a bit. It wasn't too bad after I got used to it. Unfortunately, I didn't put my sunscreen on and I resemble a lobster right now. I don't mind the buses too much, but I know they can get really packed. They amuse me sometimes though & I met some cool people on there last time. But this time we just parked at the inlet, which isn't bad at all. $1 an hour Most times it was cheaper than the bus.
    As for the Carousel (if anyone is going to stay there or is thinking of it), its not bad at all. Ive seen some really bad reviews of this place, but I didn't have a problem. It was clean & tidy, I can't think of anything wrong w/ my experience there. Its just your basic hotel room, but the ice rink, restaurant, snack bars, etc. were all nice. It is far away from the boardwalk, but the ocean is right there & you can just drive or take the bus if need be.
    Once again thank you everyone for your help & friendly posts! I think I'm going next year, hehe. Just a little later into summer.

scuzzypuppy
    Sand Dollars
    Glad to see you had a good time! We always parked at the inlet. I don't do well on buses - claustrophobia. I will have to check out the Carousel for next year perhaps. We are going later in the summer as well because I am going to college during the summer. We're planning for August of next year. Did you get your piercing?

abethepunk
    Sand Dollars
    I want to go so bad againt this year! But my boyfriend said that we will probably be going next year in July or August. I got my eyebrow pierced!!! I didnt realize how much I had missed it I'm all stocked up now w/ sea salt & dial soap because I'm determined to keep this thing in me for a long time. I didnt get it done at Chat St., I called them Tuesday I think & they said that the piercer would be there Thursday morning (I wanted to get it done right before I left) BUT it turned out that she was coming in late. I got it done at Dimensions, pretty close to Chat St. The guy there was extremely nice & professional & so was the lady that was supposed to do it.

All & all I'm pretty happy w/ all my OC experiences, except for my shoulders resembling melted plastic wrap

theshaah
    Sand Dollars
    Originally posted by ScuzzyPuppy:
    I went in June last year and the water was like bathwater. I also stayed on 112th street and the traffic was not that bad to get down to the inlet/boardwalk.
    Where did you stay on 112th Scuzzy? High Point South/North? Or The Quality Inn on the bay?

My aunt owns a condo at HPS

Adam

scuzzypuppy
    Sand Dollars
    We stayed at the Comfort Inn Gold Coast.