+ Reply to Thread

1st timer: family trip

Hi All,

First time for planning a trip in OC! Suggestions are needed on this family trip.
    I have a 2 years old daughter, and would like
    to stay at a place close to the beach. I kinda of dislike the a noisy and crowd place, and
    prefer a nice and affordable condo. It must be
    close to beach also.

I'm not quite sure about the location. Seems like the city stretches quite a bit from the north to the south. Where might be a good spot,
    Oceanfront, bayside, boardwalk...??? Is Montego
    Bay a good place to stay?

Thanks!!!

Flyovernet

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars
    Hello!

Hi Flyovernet!

My aunt likes staying in a mobile home in Montego Bay during the summer months because it has amenities suitable for little ones.

She gets a mobile that has an enclosed porch so the kids can play safely. There is also a swimming pool there, perfect again for the little ones.

My aunt and cousin will then drive across the street to spend time at the beach.

Stay away from the holidays in OC especially if you are a first-timer. Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day are extremely busy. July 4th can be a nightmare because of the traffic and the long waits.

With a 2 yr. old I wouldn't stay near the Boardwalk, especially during June. Lots of noise all night.

You might be able to find a nice condo ocean front but it will be very expensive in the summer.

As a first-timer, ocean block is not a bad choice. Our first year in OC was ocean block and it was very nice.

Hope this helps!

Sand Dollars
    There are many condos further down the strip that are reasonably priced. Our first time in OC we stayed in the beachmark hotel on 73rd which is oceanblock and they have condos that are oceanfront renting for around 1000 for the week. However condos book fast in OC so you may want tofind one and book soon. Also most of the hotel rooms come with fridge, stove and microwave so you may want ot also look closer into hotels. They are a little lighter on the things that you need to bring and when traveling with children the more taken care of the bettr. In a condo you bring your own linens and towels and things. Good luck and have fun

occrabman4
    Sand Dollars
    I would recommend the Braemar Towers located on 131st Street. You have easy access to the beach (there is a sand walkway leading from the pool area to the beach). They also have a very nice pool area and sundeck. I haved stayed there many times and the rooms are beautiful and spacious. I also enjoy JR's Ribs which is located right across the street.

Jimmy D

erinn
    Sand Dollars
    One place you might want to check out is the Marylander (I believe it is around 128th st.) It is a condo/hotel, located on Ocean Block. It features one bedroom condos with fully equipped kitchens. Also has an indoor pool and a small childrens play area/reading area on the second floor. I found the staff very friendly and the rates reasonable, even during peak time. If you plan to spend a lot of time on the beach, you might want to try ocean block/ocean front since crossing Coastal Highway with a little one can be a litte scary. It is also difficult to try and drive/part at the beach since parking is so limited.