+ Reply to Thread
    bigdaddysones
    Sand Dollars

1st Time OC Visitor Looking For a Nice Hotel That is Kid Friendly

Hello All,

My husband, myself and two young sons will be vacationing in Ocean City for the first time this August. I've done a lot of research already, but am still not convinced as to where we should stay. This forum has enlightened me some more, but still something is missing. I'm looking for a place that has efficiencies or suites with full kitchens. In order to save money I would like to cook some meals myself. I'm not interested in anything where you have to commit to staying from Saturday-Saturday, Sunday-Sunday, etc. I want something that you can book by the day. The place should also be kid friendly. My boys are 8 and 5 and can be noisy at times. I don't want to stay anywhere where we have to make them keep their voices down all the time. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

bigdaddysones

Ed
    Sand Dollars
    You will have a very difficult time finding a place in OC that rents by the day in August, it's peak season. You will need to make some sort of commitment, a two night min stay is the norm. Most places are already booked for that time of year.

bigdaddysones
    Sand Dollars
    Ed-Do you have any suggestions for accommodations?

Thanks.

bigdaddysones

GiRLrOcK
    Sand Dollars
    I would suggest to the Holiday Inn and Suites on 17th street. I am also staying there this summer. Seems that they are "kid friendly" since they have kiddie pools and slides and stuff and the pool.

Ed
    Sand Dollars
    Bigdaddysones....Go to the home page of this site and scroll to Community links, it will be on your left hand side. Bring that up, you can e-mail Tourist/visitor dept with your questions. There are a few other depts you can e-mail as well, they are very helpful.

Sand Dollars
    The Ramada Limited at 32nd and Baltimore offeres one kid friendly feature that I don't think too many hotels have. That's a grassy play area with some climbing things located between the dunes and the hotel. When we used to stay there it seemed to be an active area for kids (boys especially) to blow off steam. They have bbg's grills and picnic tables too. Just a little change from the sand and surf play areas.

We haven't stayed there for a few years. The rooms are full efficiencies but were, to be fair, starting to show signs of age and in need of update. Clean and maintained, but bathrooms and kitchens felt 60ish in nature. Small outdoor pool, continental breakfasts, 3 floors, NO elevators.

It's a couple blocks from Jolly Rogers but not on the Boards.