+ Reply to Thread
    zee
    Sand Dollars

Labor Day rental

I am visting OC with friends during the Labor Day weekend for the first time. We usually like to stay close to teh action...so we can walk it to the ocean, clubs and the boradwalk. Ideally, we'd like to stay at a condo or apartment rental. Anyone has any suggestions?
    Also, what streets should we be looking at fo accomodations - we don't want to be to walk /drive to much.

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Labor Day Rental

Hello!

Labor Day is the last big holiday rush in OC. I hope you are able to find a place on such short notice. It will also be expensive.

If it is condos or apts. you are looking for, then call the realtors but I am almost 100% sure that no place will just rent for the weekend especially on a holiday.

The realtors you can try are Moore, Warfield & Glick, O'Conor, Piper & Flynn, and Holiday Real Estate. They should have listings on www.ocean-city.com and the chamber of commerce should have their numbers.

When you rent through a realtor you will have lots of fees, on top of the rental fee itself, such as, a $50 processing fee, key deposit (sometimes) which has been anywhere from $25 to $50, security deposits anywhere from $35 to $350, plus the 9% tax which all places charge(hotels, motels, etc.)

There is also a bus system in OC that is ride-all-day-for-$2. There are bus stops every 2 blocks going all the way to the Delaware line and back to the Inlet. You won't have to worry about driving if you take the bus.

It may sound discouraging but I try to be realistic for first-timers to OC.

Most people book for the holidays almost a year in advance especially during the peak season. I have run into enough people, including relatives, who choose to go to OC for the first time during a holiday and complain that they will never go back again because of the long lines, crowded beaches, immense traffic and high prices. I am just trying to prepare people for what they are in for.

If you like it noisy and being in the center of things, then the Boardwalk or Downtown will be the place for you.

If you want it a little more laid back, than bayside and mid-town is better.

You will be steps to the beach no matter where you stay and the clubs are spread out (17th st, & 45th st., etc.).

There are many, many bars that are better than the clubs. It all depends what you are looking for.

Check out the "Ocean City Restaurants" forum for suggestions. The "Places To Avoid" forum is a must.

Have Fun and Good Luck!

Oh yeah, please use the cross-walks...it will save your life!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

zee
    Sand Dollars

thanks

Thanks a lot ECWA25 -that 's very informative !

zee
    Sand Dollars

32nd Street Bayview

I found a rental on 32nd street- its bay view. Any idea if it would be too much of a walk to the boardwalk.The property says 3 blocks away - just
    wondering.

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars
    Hello!

No...no problem to get to the Boardwalk. Blocks are short in OC.

There are two things you can do.

Walk to Coastal Highway from your unit and get on the bus from the nearest bus stop. There is one every two blocks and take it to the inlet where the Boarwalk begins.

Or

Walk across the street, down 3 blocks, and hop on the Boardwalk Train. That will let you off anywhere on the Boards or bring you right to the inlet.

I would suggest taking the bus down. It is cheaper than the train.

The Boardwalk is only about 3 miles long so if you are ambitious enough (or energetic enough), you can walk the Boards back to you place.

Have Fun!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

zee
    Sand Dollars

THANKYOU!!

Thanks for your reply..and thanks to the forum.It was a BIG HELP!!

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars
    Hello!

Have a great time, Zee.....Happy Birthday!
    (I read your profile)
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]