Thread: Americana Hotel

+ Reply to Thread
    Danei5
    Sand Dollars

Americana Hotel

Does anyone have any information on the Americana Hotel at 10th Street and the boards? My husband and I, along with our 2 small children are thinking of staying there in September. Any info of personal experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

peasma
    Sand Dollars
    This is not a good place to stay. From living here year round I notice their name in the police blotter a lot!

If September is your stay time

then try out the condos marketed by condo realty. I have stayed at two of their properties (namely Sunset Landing) @ 58th street and it was great, the rates are good in Sept anywhere really, so look into some of the other hotels I have stayed @ (Commander on 14th, Paradise plaza on 9th).

jn

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Places to stay

Hello!
    Depending on what time you go in September the first 2 weeks are more expensive then the last 2 weeks. I have been going down to OC in Sept. for the last 10 yrs. The prices for Sept. are starting to get very high.

Realtors are good but they started charging exhorbant fees in the last few years. $50 processing fee(for paper shuffling), $50 key deposit, if you stay at any place on condo row you will have a parking fee and don't forget the refundable and non-refundable security deposits. If you stay at a condo thru a realtor be prepared to add about $200 more onto your vacation budget for fees and taxes alone. I know this from experience.

If you are only staying for a week or so, try the Econolodge on 146th street. They have a full size refridgerator and stove top, dishes, etc. Two doulble beds and a sleep sofa. There is a partition that can be drawn between the beds and sofa for added privacy, a table that seats 4 and a balcony that if you are on a higher floor then you can see both the ocean and the bay.

There is also a pool, pool bar and cafe on site.

I hope this helps!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

americana

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]
    we stayed at the americana at the end of june as we were checking out they didnt change the bed sheets. they just made the beds as usual waiting for the next people to check in. i thought that was pretty gross. you dont know whats on those sheets!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by snoopy on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 at 15:49.]

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Americana Hotel

Hello!

Originally posted on Mon, 07 Jan 2002 21:04. This is a review from feedback&questions forum posted by "Mad-Momma"---------------------------

STAY AWAY FROM THE AMERICANA HOTEL ON 10TH STREET....its horrible.......I guess sometimes you get what you pay for....or pay for what you didnt get......

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Travelodge Americana

Hello!

Originally posted by 23rd Street
    posted Wed, 12 Dec 2001 06:57

family friendly hotel

My family stayed at the Travelodge Americana on the boardwalk at 10th Street a few years ago. It was clean, and very nice. It was also comparitively inexpensive. There is a small indoor pool on the first floor that would be great for a family with small children. Plus, being on 10th St., it's easy to walk the boards to the inlet and back from that location. We really enjoyed it.

ErinMC3
    Sand Dollars

Americana

We stayed at the Travelodge/Americana hotel last year and seemed to be okay. Seemed clean and was fairly inexpensive for being on the boardwalk. Their prices have gone up much higher this year which is one of the reasons we chose not to stay there again.

Danei5
    Sand Dollars

Very Pleased

Well, we just returned from OC about 10 minutes ago, and can't wait to go back. Despite all the negative reviews in this forum, we decided to stay at the Americana Hotel on 10th and the boards. Boy am I glad we did. The location was wonderful, we had the pool all to ourselves every evening, and the view of the bay and ocean was fabulous. We didn't spend very much time in the room, so much to do, but the rooms were very clean and larger than many others we've stayed in. I also want to mention that we were able to check in over 2 hours early without any extra fee or problems. The only "complaint" I have is that the rooms were a little dark even with all the lights on. We always go to the beach on a tight budget, and this place definitely fit. We are already making plans for next year. If you're looking for a place to stay that is clean, in a great location with nice amenities, and is worth the money, try the Americana on 10th and the boards.