+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ed
    Sand Dollars

ecwa25

But it's ok for a person to post false and misleading statements about a hard working honest business, right?? I don't think so, I'm referring about the post concerning Jr's. The persons statement was food not cooked properly, "False", His steak was not cooked to his taste. Poor customer service, "False", how does he know? He had a carry out, they tried to make it right but he was too lazy to return the steak, I'm sure he would have received a free dinner for his trouble but instead decided post false statements. A employee took his name and address, I guess to refund his money. Let's get real, it was most likely a kid who was so busy he barely knew what day it was. Why didn't he make a phone call? But no, I go on line and post false statements. Is this to go unchallenged? NO! The post concerning white trash capital, I stand by my statement, if you don't like it don't come back. This is from a maryland resident who has been going to OC for 30 years and OC property owner for the last 14 years!!

pretjah
    Sand Dollars

paul revere's

as i dont think oc is the white trash capital of the world. i do agree that paying 8.99 for an ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET and then complaining about the food is kinda of idiotic. 8.99 is slightly more then you would pay at the oc mcdonalds for a meal. yet instead of comparing it to such other priced food people want to compare it to phillips or some other 30 dollars a plate restraunt. paul revere's is what it is cheap and easy. i've been numerous times in the last 25 years and will continue to go when i want real food cheap and quick. and thats basically what it is.

Sand Dollars
    Give me a break...when one goes to McDonalds you at least get just what they advertise with no surprises. Paul Reveres is one big surprise after another in my opinion and none of them good. Just why do you think the gratuity is added onto the bill? Because they know how happy you are going to be with the meal?? Since you are in to comparisions I suggest you take a look at the advertisements for Paul Revere then compare them to McDonalds and then take a good look at what tou receive relative to what is advertised. If $8.99 was such a great value at PRs you would hear more word of mouth and I would say the comments on this forum pretty much sum up peoples experience.

pretjah
    Sand Dollars

give you a break?

what are you talking about. Paul revere advertises to be a cheap, multi option all you can eat buffet. they dont claim to be the best cooked food in town. they dont advertise anything special except for what you get.

what surprises do you get at paul revere? you said you get a bunch of bad ones.

listen i have nothing to gain from paul revere's business. and i in no way am trying to imply its a top notch restraunt. but like i said if i want something with variety for cheap thats where i'll go.

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars
    Hello!

Hi JackB!
    I always agree with you as usual. Most people do not go into Paul Revere's expecting a grand buffet. Its mostly families trying to eat cheap during vacation. If the food was decent, by any means, there wouldn't have been posts from all over the country from people who have eaten there detailing how bad their experience was. Funny, nothing about how good or ok it is from anyone. Even "locals" I know wouldn't eat there if you paid them.

Ed, if your post was in response to a JR's post why did you put it under Paul Revere's? Anyone with half a brain who read that post from that person could see that they were just being difficult and unaccommodating.

This site allows for all reviews. Trust me, the moderators have removed a few really bad reviews about this restaurant, Paul Revere's, because they couldn't be substantiated. If you only want to see good reviews, go to oceancity.md. They won't print bad reviews there.

If you think "throwing around" the fact that your an MD resident gives you the right to insult people on this site, then you really aren't what this site is about. There are many "locals" and "owners" who post lots of helpful info for people here to use. If you don't like OC, then move. (My family has been in OC & MD since 1959. I have never once had to say that until now because its not about how long someone has lived here, its about helping people and sharing info.)

I'm sure the regulars to this site like nlfissel and JackB would agree.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sand Dollars

Paul Revere Smorgasboard

Actually my family had a good experience at Paul Revere's. The food was fine, the serving line and table was clean, and all the hot foods were hot, and the cold foods were cold. To me, that speaks volumes. Quality control and proper food handling is very important! I would certainly go back to Paul Revere's again.

Sand Dollars
    I agree with ECWA25. Just because you are an OC property owner doesn't mean that you are any better than anyone else. My family lives in Pennsylvania and we just love coming to Ocean City every year. It's the highlight of the year for us to come down and spend a week in Ocean City. Why do people talk bad about people from PA and NJ coming to Ocean City?

Anyhow, I want to clarify about Paul Revere's advertising. I went to my Ocean City travel guide and looked at Paul Revere's ad. Doesn't claim to be the best food in town, but advertises the All-You-Can-Eat "Feast" for $8.99. But, if you look at the ad, the food pictured looks delicious. On this basis, they do false advertise. Now, first of all, anyone expecting a grand buffet for this price has very high expectations. But, that's no excuse for justifying Paul Revere's business practices after reading the horrendous reviews from this website. What's here is the honest truth. Maybe some have had good experiences, but they're rare.

Who does false advertise is that wretched Jonah & the Whale. After I spent $22.50 there for that garbage and charged automatic gratuity, I was really upset. I went to my Ocean City guide again and looked at their ad. It begins: "Come dine in an authentic 18th-century whaling tavern and feast on a tantalizing array of delicacies from the land and from the sea." Nothing could be further from the truth. The atmosphere is a mere dining room with cheap wood paneling, a few pieces of nautical art on the wall, and some tables. The food is far from "tantalizing".

Anyhow, I think it's great having a website like this. You cannot trust ads in travel guides. They're often misleading. I have avoided some places and patronized others based upon feedback on this site. In my opinion, if you want Ocean City's best dining atmosphere, best seafood, and best service, go to the Captain's Table.

cntrlfreak
    Sand Dollars
    I don't think Paul Revere is soo horrible. I admit I have eaten here on a few occasions. Its like Olde Country Buffet. Lots of food for a low price. Thats what its famous for. Its a good place for a family to eat (alot) cheap. My kids think its great. If you don't like a lot of starches, this isn't the place for you.

I have been a visitor off and on to the Ocean City Maryland area for a number of years. My family has always stayed at The Plim Plaza 2nd & Boardwalk. Now, over the years, taking my son to Ocean City became a tradition for his birthday every other year. While living in Pennsylvania for 8 years allowed me the priviledge of going often to O.C., eating at Paul Revere is something of a tradtion as well. I am sorry that some of you people think the food is not so good. The best thing you can about it, is this, Paul Revere is always crowded. Which stands to reason, if it's crowded, it must be at least good. I for one, am very happy with the food and service I have received at the Paul Revere whenever I have gone. I am happy to report that at the end of July, I'll be in Maryland again, and will be visiting O.C., and yes, I fully intend on having something to eat at Paul Revere. Everyone is entitled to his or her own feelings about Paul Revere. You don't see that you get alot to choose from in the way of food. For those that have had bad experiences at Paul Rever, I am sorry you had that. I agree with what one person said, they wrote that they keep the hot stuff hot, and the cold stuff cold. Now, I must admit that being an avid Dr. Pepper drinker, I have to settle for Mr Pibb when I am here, but even that doesn't bother me. I think if you had a bad experience, you might have just gotten someone who was having a bad day. I have always had very positive, friendly people. Remember, this is buffet, and it's for alot of people. I believe that Paul Revere Smorgasbord, is just that, a very Olde World Country atmosphere, with alot of good food, and fun to be had by all who make it fun. I am looking forward to my visit to O.C. at the end of this month. My cousin has already been told that I want to spend a day down there. Boardwalk here I come!!!!

Ok, I am back. I have just been reading some of ya'lls other posts to this site and I must say that I am very ashamed of some of what ya'll have written. I am a native Marylander, who's been raised in Houston. I have had the opportunity in my life to visit OC on many occations. (refer to my last post of July 7th.) I must say that I am ashamed for many of you who call yourselves native Marylanders.

I just read what some of you wrote about Plim Plaza, and must say that I am horrified. I have never in all the years tht I have at the Plim, which has been many, had any kind of problem with them. I have always enjoyed my stay there. I have also never had a problem with the rates. You people must have just gone during a time period when the rates were a tad on the high side.

You people who live in OC year round should know the peak times for all the hotels. You people should also know the best and worst places. I mean, come on, I realize that places open and close quite quickly mostly due to advertising and how well the food is, but come on.

I think anyone who goes to OC expecting something for nothing, is nuts and is in the wrong place. I don't think you can go to any vacation spot and get something for nothing. If you do, please, let me know. I am a single mom who has to scrimp and save for my vacation as well as my son's. I'd love to live where you do. I love OC.

Anyone who's had a bad experience at PR, need to think about what time it was during the day when you went there. You also need to rethink about the kind of mood you were in at the time. I mean, come on, think about it. If you were screaming at the kids about how they were yelling about being hungry, then you are going to be in a fairly bad state of mind and won't be able to enjoy anything.

Do yourselves a favor, and learn to relax a bit. Go down to the ocean waters and just sit and let the water crash up on your feet and just watch the waves. It's like stopping to smell the roses or the coffee or whatever you want to call it. Bottom line is you people are too uptight and sound like you could all use a vacation. Learn to appreciate that you live so close to something so beautiful. Try looking at OC thru the eyes of your kids. Try to find something wonderful everyday about living where you do. You'll all be much happier if you do.