Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Paul Revere Smorgasbord

Located on 2nd Street on the Boardwalk.

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Paul Revere Smorgasbord

This message was posted by Sean S. on another forum under "Ocean City & Eastern" forum:

posted Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:20
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worst seafood buffet

After my experience at the Paul Revere all-you-can-eat buffet last year, I'm gonna steer clear of Ocean City buffets altogether.
    I don't remember exactly how much it cost (Not too expensive - Around $10), but we walked 8 blocks from our hotel to get there because of an advertisement we read, and discovered that they charge a mandatory 15% "gratuity" on top of the advertised rate. What is this, France? I guess I wouldn't have a problem with mandatory gratuity at a self-serve buffet where the waitress does nothing besides bring drinks, if it was included in their advertisement - which it wasn't.

Things got worse after we paid the cover charge and grabbed our plates. The buffet was a mile-long pile of rancid, stale, undercooked, bland, squishy, simmering compost. There were, of course, many different types of fetid compost to choose from. But they were all rancid, stale, undercooked, bland or squishy. And when I say squishy, I'm not referring to Jello or other stuff that should be squishy. The Jello was encased in a thick, brittle skin almost impenetrable by my fork. I'm not even gonna start on the "taco" bar. I'll just say that if you like Mexican food, don't get your hopes up here. This is not the place. I'm not sure what this is the place for, because it's definitely not seafood either.

All of the waitresses were surly, disgruntled eastern European immigrants obviously annoyed by our presence. I guess their tip was already in the bank, so what did they have to work for anyway?

On the bright side, all of us miraculously avoided salmonela or botulism after eating at Paul Revere's seafood buffet. I don't think we're going to press our luck again though this year.

Here's my recommendation - If you're staying in Ocean City for less than a week, do yourself a favor and pack a big cooler with peanut butter, lunch meat, veggies, and bread. Living off homemade sandwhiches for a few days will do your wallet and stomach a big favor

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Paul Revere Smorgasbord

Originally posted by "bigladybug2001" (Guest) in the "Embers" forum of "Ocean City Restaurants".

posted Sat, 07 Apr 2001 11:55
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Every summer my family started visiting OC again during the July 4th week. We've tried Paul Revere's, yuk!

Sourgirleb
    Sand Dollars

Paul Revere

Its official its the most disgusting tourist trap ever. They must be owned by the same company as that wretched Jonah the Whale. Its a shame they are still running strong. Try a good buffet like Embers and Bonfire.

paul reveres

I've been going to ocean city every year since i was about 2 months old, and we've always eaten at "paul reveres". It used to be a pretty good resteraunt, last year we went again and it was disgusting. They set us at the back of the resteraunt and all that you could smell was a very musty damp smell. It was disgusting. I tried there ham and it tasted like fish. The food was terrible too. Not enough selection of food either. So i don't really recommend it. Especially if you have little ones.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

lac

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Paul Revere's Smorgasbord

Hello!

Originally posted by member "wfd3wife" in the "OC Restaurants" forum under "OC Restaurants" posted on June 01, 2002 @ 20:20

Paul Revere......... STAY AWAY FROM THERE AT ALL COSTS !!!!!!!!! The buffet is 8.95 and is the most overpriced restaurant in OC, the food is atrocious, the service was terrible and the restaurant smells just awful. The napkins smelled soured. The 15% gratutity is a joke, I told the cashier that I took exception to paying it because it took our waitress 20 minutes to come to our table, she said she could not take it off but she did discount our meal but it was still overpriced. They should scrap the entire place and start over.

jniem29465@aol.com
    Sand Dollars

Paul Revere

do you thin anyone who mananges Paul Revere look at these and say 'hey people hate this place, let's do something good with this place and turn it into a dance club?

If the food is that bad and it's not even worth the 8.95 + 15% tip to waitresses who do nothing but take up space, then why don;t the just shut it down? A dance club there would be nice as the streets from 16th and down are thin on places to dance the night away on the boards.

jn

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Paul Revere's

Hello!
    I sure hope someone from this restaurant reads these posts. They must also own the hotel they are under. They must be getting alot of first time business only lately.
    OC doesn't want more dance clubs. Too many problems. If it closes down, its most likely going to be another restaurant.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sand Dollars

Paul Revulsions

This restaurant has been like this forever. I remember my first [and only] visit about 20 years ago. At that time items you wanted, such as steamed clams, were brought out in groups of about 12 with long waits in between. Anything good had been spiced up hot..hot..hot! The only thing I can figure is there are enough new folks each year that don't know better that can't resist that low price. This is a marketing plan by owners who obviously have no pride in their establishment but probably make good bucks with the approach. One does have to feel for the young folks who sign up to waitress but, who knows, with a guaranteed tip they may not care either. Just maybe the internet and reviews like this could change things down the road. Time will tell.

Thank you so much!!!!!!

My husband and I are going to be pulling out soon for Ocean City and had planned on making The Paul Revere Restaurant a stop for dinner. I decided to check my mail and my husband had sent me this site. I am so thankful to everyone who sent in their comments and saved my husband and I a nightmare experience. With four sons, buffets have been a blessing to our family with growing young men with healthy appetites. We will definitely steer clear of this restaurant and make another choice. Thanks again!!!!! This was a life saver!!!!!