Thread: Places to Avoid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    ErinMC3
    Sand Dollars
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Mistyfuji:
    Marios. The service is terrible. QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more. We thought maybe it was just a bad day for our waiter the first time we went but we've been there after and it was the same thing, different person. Horrible service!!

I ate at Mario's & I must agree, the food was average & the service as so lousy. It took forever to get anything, and when they served us our meals, we were told there were no baked potatoes. Ten minutes later, when they served us the substitution, they also "found" some baked potatoes. When the check came, they charged us for both, but they did take off the substitution when we complained. They also charged us for a half a glass of milk! I had that taken off, too. It's not my fault they ran out of milk, and then to charge us for it! Also, the salad was very small. It's like they counted every lettuce leaf & throw in a tiny tomatoe wedge & some grated bagged carrots. To top it off, they but like a cup of salad dressing right on top! Yuk! Okay, I've complained enough. You'd be better off going somewhere else...especially since it's a pricey joint, not worth the money.

jerzystar2
    Sand Dollars
    Hello everyone.. ..Let me start off with I AM A WAITRESS..we get paid LESS then minimum wage and it is this way at mostly every restruant because the TIP is our wages..The gratuity now for waitresses and the service we provide of waiting on people out eating and being waited on is 18%..18% of whatever your whole bill is.
    Some people DO think a tip is optional but it isn't...it is expected..Now let me say that if a waitress really gives you VERY bad service she/he should be reported to the manager or owner of the business. I as a waitress think it should be changed that we should be able to add our gratuity to ALL bills.This is our pay for our service and we shouldn't have to beg for it..or run over to a table after people leave and look on dirty tables under plates etc for it. and hope we got what we are suppose to had gotten You have people that come in to the restruants I could give them good service and they still STIFF me.I am giving a service to the customer..I shouldn't have to kiss butt and hope they tip me what I am suppose to be tipped..it is my wages.Waitressing is a very physical and stressful job sometimes and we work just as hard as anyone else.When you (meaning anyone) goes to work you expect when you do your job to be PAID..well we do too..I do a service for you..I expect to be paid..and tipping is how I get paid.Yes I get an hourly wage of $2.30 an hour at one job and $2.50 an hour at my other job(yes I have two jobs).That money we get hourly is for me to take care of my section of the restruant. to keep it clean..to make sure my condiments on my tables are clean and full and to do sidework which consists of many things before I leave,depending on what job I am at.each restruant has alot of the same kinds of sidework some more then others and we are expected to have that done BEFORE we leave for the next person on.My tips are my actual wages.What I live on support my family with pay my bills etc.If you go to a restruant and you receive bad service..you should ask the person waiting on you to see the manager, and you should tell the manager what you didn't like.And tell him that you aren't leaving a tip..and no you shouldn't have to leave a tip becasue you didn't get service..I have had people come in to the restruant and then tell me after eating a meal that I gave them good service but leave me like a dollar or so and tell me that they are short and will catch up to me the next time they come in,,I feel if you can't pay for the service given to you that you shouldn't go out and eat.go to a store buy something to pop in the microwave etc and eat at home..that is sooooo rude...

As always,jerzystar2

Debi Taylor
    Sand Dollars
    Dear jerzystar2:

I was a little upset to read your post regarding tips. First of all, look up gratuity: in the dictionary..."something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service..."

If you go to website: www.tipping.org you will see what I mean. I feel bad that you do not make a good wage, but at the same time you could probably do better at McDonald's. Most people I know who waitress, do it as a supplement to already earned income. Also, tipping percentages are given at this website and it is 15% of the bill; 20% if it is a 4-Star Restaurant or for large parties. Even when I have had experienced poor service, I have always left 15% and if exceptional I have left more than 20%. I personally have a friend who waitresses and I do realize the dilemmas you face; however, if it were me---I would try to find employment that was more lucrative. You could work at a factory and get paid time and a half and make lots of money! Waitressing is very hard work for what you get paid. I do mean to sound harsh, but just offering the facts. DebiT

Originally posted by jerzystar2:
    Hello everyone.. ..Let me start off with I AM A WAITRESS..we get paid LESS then minimum wage and it is this way at mostly every restruant because the TIP is our wages..The gratuity now for waitresses and the service we provide of waiting on people out eating and being waited on is 18%..18% of whatever your whole bill is.
    Some people DO think a tip is optional but it isn't...it is expected..Now let me say that if a waitress really gives you VERY bad service she/he should be reported to the manager or owner of the business. I as a waitress think it should be changed that we should be able to add our gratuity to ALL bills.This is our pay for our service and we shouldn't have to beg for it..or run over to a table after people leave and look on dirty tables under plates etc for it. and hope we got what we are suppose to had gotten You have people that come in to the restruants I could give them good service and they still STIFF me.I am giving a service to the customer..I shouldn't have to kiss butt and hope they tip me what I am suppose to be tipped..it is my wages.Waitressing is a very physical and stressful job sometimes and we work just as hard as anyone else.When you (meaning anyone) goes to work you expect when you do your job to be PAID..well we do too..I do a service for you..I expect to be paid..and tipping is how I get paid.Yes I get an hourly wage of $2.30 an hour at one job and $2.50 an hour at my other job(yes I have two jobs).That money we get hourly is for me to take care of my section of the restruant. to keep it clean..to make sure my condiments on my tables are clean and full and to do sidework which consists of many things before I leave,depending on what job I am at.each restruant has alot of the same kinds of sidework some more then others and we are expected to have that done BEFORE we leave for the next person on.My tips are my actual wages.What I live on support my family with pay my bills etc.If you go to a restruant and you receive bad service..you should ask the person waiting on you to see the manager, and you should tell the manager what you didn't like.And tell him that you aren't leaving a tip..and no you shouldn't have to leave a tip becasue you didn't get service..I have had people come in to the restruant and then tell me after eating a meal that I gave them good service but leave me like a dollar or so and tell me that they are short and will catch up to me the next time they come in,,I feel if you can't pay for the service given to you that you shouldn't go out and eat.go to a store buy something to pop in the microwave etc and eat at home..that is sooooo rude...

As always,jerzystar2

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Tipping

Hello!

Debi I totally agree with you.

I've worked in the restaurant business for 9 years(in 3 different states) and I know tipping is not mandatory nor is it 18% required.

I also know waitresses should not expect to get tipped on the tax amount. Different states have different guidelines for waitstaff minimum wage. My state's rate is $3.80 an hour. OC's rate is $2.80 an hour, last I checked.

I expect a good tip if I do good job and yes you do get stiffed once in a while. You can do the best job and still get a crappy tip. Its the nature of the business.

I think jersey would do better in a different line of work because she sounds a bit bitter about her jobs. Working 2 jobs where you are busting your butt for crap wages is not worth it(been there, done that). Restaurants outside of resort areas and other types of jobs will get you more money and less hassle.

Do waitressing as a side job to earn extra money in addition to a regular job but if you do it to make a living you will end up very stressed out and unhappy.

Trust me....I know.

JAJ
    Sand Dollars
    Just went to Crab Alley last week. Very dissapointing. Service was bad, they are in a herd you in herd you out mentality now it seems. Food was over priced.

ocmdbob
    Sand Dollars
    Just got home from the beach we went to Kelly's ice cream and coffe shop on 13th and boardwalk. We will never step inside there again, I printed a coupon from their website and they would not except it. I showed it to them and they said they would not honor it, there was no expiration date on the coupon but I just printed it out a week before we left for the beach. They were rude and will never receive any future business from me.

ocmdbob
    Sand Dollars
    Went to Halls for Breakfast Buffet and was disappointed. The price went up and coffee was 3.50 on top off the buffet price and was not as good as last year. The place was busy so I thought the food would be good but the french toast was hard the bacon under done the eggs runny the potatoes luke warm and so on...

monzo48
    Sand Dollars
    HAVE TO AGREE WITH OCMDBOB..MY WIFE AND I HAD BREAKFAST AT HALLS ALSO AND THE FOOD WAS LOUSY...FOR THE PRICE....

Ed
    Sand Dollars
    Once again people, buffets are no bargain. So many people complain about the food, It's over cooked, it's under cooked, It's cold, it's runny, etc. Think about this for a minute, when the breakfast buffet is over what do you think they do with all that food? They put it in the walk-in (Cooler) until the next day, than they reheat it. Stop being so tight and spend a few extra bucks to get a good meal.