Thread: Places to Avoid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Bill R
    Sand Dollars

Places to Avoid

A forum to share your stories of bad meals or service, to help visitors who are unfamiliar with the restaurants in Ocean City.

chelle695
    Sand Dollars
    I am not picky at all and can stomach just about any buffet but Paul Revere is the most disgusting place that I have ever been. Also..if you are looking for good crabs do not eat at the Mug & Mallet on 2nd street.

budicelite2000@hotmail.com
    Sand Dollars
    Originally posted by bk18bk88:
    Worst place to eat
    PAUL REVERE SMORGASBORD
    HARPON HANNA'S
    DENNY'S
    Add Shennanigans to WORST, my husband and i ate last year on the deck, the waiter greeted us with "Hey how are ya" took drink order, never told us the specials, took our food order, never came back to check on us until we were done, They were NOT busy at all. meanwhile my daughter and her boyfriend and daughert sat at the next table to us, had a different waiter, who told them the special, gave them light up buttons, checked back with them etc, so when we left we left $1.00 for a tip,, after we left our waiter came to collect his tip and quite loudly stated, "*******S" I am a waitress, I know good and bad service,,, Dont expect a good tip for bad service!!!!!!!!! Wont go there again, food was not all that great either..

Sand Dollars
    we also ate there, lousy food and service,,wont be back
    Originally posted by traveler:
    Originally posted by Bill R:
    Originally posted by sharsea at 01 Jul 2002 11:54
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Poll Question:
    Don't even bother with the Angler on Talbot Street, bayside. Great view, over priced and awful food. We ate breakfast there this past June. $25.00 later and poor, poor service was too much. We have a condo in OC and eat out on a regular basis, but this was the pits!
    We didn't even have a chance to get out of the car before people told us about their bad experiences here

pretjah
    Sand Dollars
    the only question i have is what would you rather have in ocean city... Paul Revere or Mcdonalds. now i know they are different kinds of restraunts but they are closer in price then say paul revere and philips or another nice restaraunt. i've said it before and i'll say it again. they don't advertise as a 4 star place they advertise as a cheap means for a family to eat. if you go there expecting a buffet loaded with 30 dollar a plate meals all for the price of 8.99 then i dont think paul revere is the problem. now do i think the food is great"? no i dont! but i do think it is still a value at 8.99

ErinMC3
    Sand Dollars
    I would RATHER go to McDonald's than Paul Reveres. The whole place is disgusting..not clean and the food is just horrible!! YUCK!!

Sand Dollars
    Need to add Connors Cafe on the boardwalk to this bad list,,, It was horrible. bad service, bad food, I even complained, and the manager said I am sorry, wish you has said something sooner, I could have adjusted your bill, DUH, I was still standing there. NEVER AGAIN.
    Originally posted by Erin:
    I would RATHER go to McDonald's than Paul Reveres. The whole place is disgusting..not clean and the food is just horrible!! YUCK!!

olive
    Sand Dollars
    Originally posted by ECWA25:
    Hello!

First of all it is illegal for waitstaff to work in a restaurant and not get an hourly wage. It is not the customer's "job" to cover the waitstaff's salary here in the US.

Whoever told you that was wrong or it is management telling that to their waitstaff trying to screw over unwitting young students (foreign or domestic) who don't know any better.

Gratuity is usually added to a check when there are more than 5 customers at a table. Other than that is is customary to leave 15%, 10% or less if service was poor and 20% or more if service was great.

I know tipping is different overseas than here because I have friends in Europe and Great Britain that tell me when they came to this country they thought that the gratuity was included in their check, because it is where they come from. Hence, sometimes foreigners got a bad rap for being bad tippers. They just didn't know any better.

There are other "bad" reviews of "Jonah & The Whale" on this forum and under "The Jonah & The Whale" forum.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and it is wrong to say someone is bitter because they don't agree with your opinion.

All of the other reviews were not good, on either forum, for "Jonah & The Whale" so I am glad that at least you had an enjoyable experience there because everyone else who posted about that restaurant did not.

Tipping should be earned....if I am waited on by someone who cares to see if we need more drinks or if our meal is ok and they are friendly then they usually get 20 to 30% for a tip. But if I am waited on by someone who disappears after the meal is served never to be seen again until it is time to collect their tip, they are greatly disappointed. And yes, I have left restaurants and left no tip. Some servers take it for granted that they will be tipped, but the should remember that a tip is OPTIONAL!!!

Marios. The service is terrible. The waitress we had spoke and understood English very badly. She charged us for items that she shouldn't of had (we got them taken off the bill) and the service was very Slow.
    The food itself was okay, but not worth the heafty price. You can get a better meal at Outback with definitely better service.

Lilshygrl26
    Sand Dollars
    AVOID Kitty Hawks...the food was very bland took atleast a cup of salt for taste. Then tums after the dinner and the glasses were very dirty.
    PAUL REVERE--If I wanted a cold meal id get it out of my fridge. And put it in a blender for the same effect.