+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

REALITY CHECK- BEST FOOD

HELLOOOOOOOOO!
    I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO SAID THEY ACTUALLY ENJOY PHILLIPS FOR GREAT SEAFOOD. PLEASE! I'VE BEEN TO THEIR FACTORY AT TWENTY-SOMETHING STREET AND THE PLACE MADE ME FEEL LIKE A BOVINE. THEY HERD PEOPLE INTO THE STALLS AND THEN SERVE UP THE SLOP IN JIVE LITTLE PORTIONS. I SAY FLUSH THE DUMP! THERE ARE PLENTY OF EXCELLENT LITTLE PLACES TO GO TO IN OC FOLKS- CHECK 'EM OUT!!! ASK THE LOCALS- BJ'S, MACKY'S, WINDOWS ON THE BAY, ETC, ETC. DON'T BE A MINDLESS MOO-COW! BREAK FROM THE MESMERIZED PHILLIPS HERD AND SEE WHAT LIFE REALLY IS LIKE!! LOVE TO ALL!!!

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Phillip's

Hello!
    Now I get the feeling why people don't like the 22nd st. Phillip's.(see previous post)

DSattler
    Sand Dollars

Cactus cafe

Cactus Cafe on Route 54 -- this may actually be Fenwick -- is good Tex-Mex and Mexican food at reasonable prices. Burritos, tacos, fajitas, etc., for those who want them, and steaks, shrimp -- mostly with lots of garlic, yeah! -- for those who want something fancier. Children's menu, cafe atmosphere, live music the night we were there (great accoustic guitar player) and a convenient location next to a tattoo parlor.

mcguillicutty
    Sand Dollars
    I agree about phillips, in their heyday they were good, but not anymore, my best place I have encountered thus far is redfin, on the highway towards rehoboth, if anyone appreciates fine dining check this out!!

christine brown

ErinMC3
    Sand Dollars

Best

Best buffet: Bonfire
    Best breakfast buffet: Hall's
    Best breakfast: Dough Roller (a little overpriced though)
    Best dinner: Harrison's Harbor Watch
    Best "munchie" place: Tubby's
    Best boardwalk "munchie" place: The Wrapper
    Best ice cream: Dumser's
    Best pizza: Still looking..can't seem to find any really good pizza places.

We also really enjoy Brass Balls and Big Peckers.

ECWA25
    Sand Dollars

Brass Balls

Hello!

Hi Erin!

How are the food and prices at Brass Balls? I have been wondering. I can never find menus for Big Peckers or Brass Balls. I know they are owned by the same people.

Can anyone give details?

Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sand Dollars

My personal pic

Hi!
    We went to Phillips...needless to say, IT WAS GREAT!! Their buffet was enormous and fresh. My husband is very picky when it comes to seafood!

My son and his girlfriend went to the Bonfire they said it was good but not overly impressed. They also went to the Green Turtle, they enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was enjoyable. Harpoon Hannah's impressed them the most. Delicious food, large portions and a great atmosphere.

Mack's was wonderful, we sat outside by the water and it was very delightful.
    If you want good Italian food Brothers Three (118th St.) I think.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ErinMC3
    Sand Dollars

Big Peckers/Brass Balls

Sorry so long for the response. Big Peckers actually has a website. It's www.big-peckers.com and there is a link on it for Brass Balls. Not sure if they give you the price lists or not but sandwiches usually run in the $6-$9 range and dinners are I want to say $15-$20. We usually don't go there for the dinners...just the appetizers and sandwiches.

best restaurants

Also have been going to OC all my life, just turned 46. Finally got a chance to eat at Coins Pub and Restaurant and the crabcakes are the best in town. Ate lunch and had appetizers for dinner later on that day and have to say the food is really great at this restaurant. Also across the street at The Dunes Manor Hotel there is the Victorian Room restaurant that has a nice ocean view and the best veal dishes. I had the veal cardinale and my sister had the veal oscar. We both really loved our meals. Give these two restaurants a try you won't be disappointed.

cfoster
    Sand Dollars

Bets OC Restaurant

If this wasn't an OC Forum I'd say leave OC and go to Cactus Taverna in Salisbury for fine dining. But it is an OC forum so . . .

For Family dining with live entertainment give the Marina Deck Restaurant a try. They are under new management and launched their new web site http://marinadeckrestaurant.com I hear they will be posting their entertainmnt schedule in season (March?).

Craig Foster
    Cauzway Design
    http://cauzway.net