Thread: Paoli Pasta

+ Reply to Thread

Paoli Pasta

I ordered eggplant (it was their special of the day). It looked like really bad ravioli with no cheese. I didn't want to taste it but had to and wish I hadn't. They took it back and gave me the vegtable lasagne instead. By this time I was embarrassed and felt compelled to eat it. But, this didn't look or taste good either (The cheese was dark looking). To add insult to injury, Paoli's adds the tip to your bill. I will never go there again.

Since then, I heard that Anna Maria's is the place to go in Ocean City for Italian food and that Paioli's Pasta is to be avoided.

23rdStreet
    Sand Dollars

Food and Paoli's

Hi ECWA25 and grif429!

Glad some folks are still interested in chatting about my favorite town! It's a blessed bit of relief from all this turmoil.
    I just got back from OC again on Sunday night, and the Bayview is definitely closing. :-(

That eggplant parmesan "special" sign has been sitting out there since last May! Several times I was really tempted to go in there and try it, cuz I love the stuff. My daughter has been wanting to try out Paoli Pasta too, for years now. I'm suuure glad you told us about your experience. Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Where is Anna Maria's? I've heard that the locals go to Lombardi's for pasta, btw. Worthy of note, I was taken to Buxy's Salty Dog by a local recently. They had good food!

nat
    Sand Dollars

Paoli Pasta

Post your review.

[This message was edited by nat on Tue, 15 Jan 2002 at 14:41.]

sarah
    Sand Dollars
    located at 117th Street and Coastal Highway in Ocean City Square

Read the OceanCity.com review

russ498
    Sand Dollars
    Not impressed. Small portions and high prices. The best part of the place are the owners. Very nice pleasant people. Most of the food is "OK" but none is worth writing more about, so I won't.

crowtoo
    Sand Dollars
    I would have to agree with all of the posts here. I went to Paoli Pasta last summer while in OC and while I don't have any real problems with the place I was not overly impressed.

Small portions for a high price and the food was decent but nothing special. I was also not impressed with the service we got or the owners/waitstaff. It wasn't any one thing, they just all seemed very uninspired and not very friendly.

While we had no complaints about the quality of the food, the next time in OC we will find a different Italian resaurant to dine in.

Chris
    crowtoo@earthlink.net

Sand Dollars
    Isn't Paoli's Pasta closed now???

OCJay
    Sand Dollars
    Guess thats why they went out of business, huh?

OCJ