Thread: St. Paddy's day

+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

St. Paddy's day

Hi, coming for our first st. Paddy's day celebration, any advice on how to navigate the city, bars, restaurants? Who does breakfast? How are the buses? Thanks

Sand Dollars

St. Pattys.

It is CRAZY busy... lots open..but lots busy...lol

Sand Dollars
    If you're coming to OC for the 17th you will miss the parade and St. Patrick's festivities since they are being held on the 11th. But plenty of bars like Shenanigans, Seacrets, and others will be open. Lots of restaurants will be open too.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Go with the flow, you'll be fine and have fun.

Sand Dollars
    I don't know why cities like O.C. & Pittsburgh a do St Paddy's on a Saturday? In Cleveland it doesn't matter what day it's on. There will still be 300K people drinking by 6am downtown.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    I don't know why cities like O.C. & Pittsburgh a do St Paddy's on a Saturday? In Cleveland it doesn't matter what day it's on. There will still be 300K people drinking by 6am downtown.
    We happened to be in Annapolis this weekend and stumbled on their St. Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday the 5th. Seems both too early and just plain wrong to have the parade on a Sunday.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    I know in Baltimore, people still get up to drink on the 17th, regardless of what day of the week it falls.

They just do the parade, civic type stuff on weekends.

Sand Dollars

Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    It is CRAZY busy... lots open..but lots busy...lol
    This will be our first St Paddys day down in OC and I am super excited. My only concern is the weather.....will the parade still be on if its cold, windy or snowy and what places are the best and warmest to have dinner then drink at? Lol.......

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislynell View Post
    This will be our first St Paddys day down in OC and I am super excited. My only concern is the weather.....will the parade still be on if its cold, windy or snowy and what places are the best and warmest to have dinner then drink at? Lol.......
    If you go the day of the parade (the 11th) it ends up at 44th St. and there are usually big to do's at the old 45th St. Village. There are a couple of bars there and there will be activities, and food and drinks available. Most bars and restaurants are open so if you don't want to take part in that, then look for a restaurant close to where you're watching the parade.

The parade will go on unless it's extremely heavy rain or snow. Coastal Highway floods easily, so heavy rain could have an impact. But they won't cancel for cold.

If you're there the following weekend for St. Patrick's Day (Friday the 17th) you'll still find a lot of bars and restaurants open, but no parade.
    Ask an OC Insider