Thread: Weekend in oc

+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Weekend in oc

GOT BACK Sunday from another great trip to OC...we have a place there..so we try to go once a month. We go so often..we look for deals.. this time went to Shrimp Boat for the $1.50 crabs... they were just so so. .. Also went to Ocean City Fish Company later that evening.. which is the same owner...Had great price on draft beer for a buck...and got some apps...

Saturday ate Breakfast at the VFW..they have a deal for $5.00 add in tip and coffee and both got our bellys filled for about $15.00

Went to outlets.... not many bargains to be had... Trip to boardwalk to see the corvettes.. was NICE... and they didnt even charge to get into the inlet...weird since Classic Car does.

Went to Crab Alley for some oysters on the half shell... didnt dissapoint.. yummy,,

Stop back at the Legion for some Karoke fun.... !!!

Hoping to get down in November,,but depends if the weather holds out for us.

Sand Dollars
    We were there this weekend for the Vette show as well. Did you watch the parade? I'm not sure what the total number was this year that went down the boards, but it had to be around 600. Started at 4 and ended a bit after 6. Interesting fact.........to drive the boards in your Vette you have to be either pre registered or register the day of the parade. Pre registered pays $30 PER PERSON (not car), registered at the show......the cost goes to $40 per person. That is a BOATLOAD of money that the club makes and it's all for charity. Some very generous people.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars

corvettes

WOW>.. one of the event planners told us 800 went down the boardwalk,,,Well for a charity... i would pay....awesome!!!! i liked it that you could walk around the inlet for FREE... Classic car charges something like $10?? was a beautiful weekend.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    WOW>.. one of the event planners told us 800 went down the boardwalk,,,Well for a charity... i would pay....awesome!!!! i liked it that you could walk around the inlet for FREE... Classic car charges something like $10?? was a beautiful weekend.
    Nope. The May cruise in is $50, but that includes the car, driver, 1 adult passenger and any children under 14 and that pays for the entire weekend including parade.....all 4 days. The Vette show is really only 1 day. But like I said, it goes to charity.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars

car show

no i meant for "spectators" to walk around and drool over the cars...it is frree for the corvette weekend. But they charge 10 for the classic cars.