+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Commander Hotel, or Quality Inn Boardwalk

Down to two hotels for a mid October trip. I haven't been there in 25 years and the wife and 25 year old daughter, and husband have never.. 1 year old granddaughter also.
    It is between the Commander oceanfronsuite, or quality in boardwalk oceanfront suite. Ink now that they're differnences in quality, which has the better views.
    Also does the smell from Grottos Pizza make the whole complex at theCommander smell like pizza? There's only a $120 difference in the rooms for three nights, any thoughts appreciated.

Sand Dollars
    Also possibly Flagship Oceanfront, but that only if I can get an oceanfron room, and it's kind of farther down on the boardwalk then I would like.

Sand Dollars
    The Commander just re-did all their rooms last winter and is very nice. I stayed there this spring and there was no pizza smell. Some Quality Inn rooms have been reworked recently, but I think some have still have not been updated. Both places are likely fine, but you have slightly more risk at the QI. If you plan to spend much time in the room, I'd go with the Commander. If you are going to mostly just sleep there and be in and out, I'd stay at the QI and take the $120 difference and go out to a nice dinner with it!

You can never go wrong at the Dunes Manor, but it might be more expensive, and it is definitely further north.
    Last edited by OCGuy; 09-19-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Thanks for the input. Granddaughter only 15 months so I'm sure we will be stuck in the room a little than usual, and they want an indoor pool since it will be mid October.

Sand Dollars

Quality Inn 17th Street

I have always enjoyed staying at the Quality Inn on 17th Street. The tower building is especially nice and the rooms have new carpeting as well as flat screen TVs. The indoor pool area was recently redone and is no longer stuck in the early 1970's. I stayed in the main building once and didn't like it. It seemed like an oversized motel, as the rooms in that building have exterior corridors and it really shows its age. There are two large outdoor pools, one in front of each building. Most rooms are oceanfront efficiencies with private balconies. If you decide to stay here, ask for a room in the tower building. Hope this helps.

Sand Dollars
    Well after all that we ended up going with The Grand Hotel and Spa, Choice direct room. Hopefully it works out. Thanks for all the input.

Sand Dollars
    Well after all that we ended up going with The Grand Hotel and Spa, Choice direct room. Hopefully it works out. Thanks for all the input.