+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Best Beach Water Bottle

My favorite beach water bottle has seen better days. It's been going to OC almost as long a me and it may be time for a replacement. It may well have been a Roses purchase one year, no longer sure.

So I sat online staring at $40 water bottles and just couldn't see why I'd pull the trigger. Call me a cheap old you-know-what but water's free or at least if you pay for the water the bottle's included. So the old water bottle started looking good again.

Anybody have a compelling recommendation for a beach water bottle. (Let's expand the discussion to be beverage containers -- morning coffee, water, and if it wasn't illegal an adult cocktail even).

Anything cheaper than $40? Anything really worth $40?

Sand Dollars
    A frozen Gatorade bottle is a good start.9

Sand Dollars
    Go back to Roses?

I'm sure you can find something suitable at WalMart.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I bought a stainless steel yeti container at MR Ducks over on bayside a few years ago.Its rugged,and keeps cold and hot beverages all day, (cold drinks dont need to be cold long....lol) .30 bucks,well worth it! get one...

Sand Dollars
    Whether or not it was in fact a Roses purchase, that would be a good place to look for one anyways. They might even have one with an OC logo or theme.

Sand Dollars
    Hard to beat the Yehti but A friend bought me a Swell bottle. Probably half the price as Yehti. I fill it with ice and water in the morning and bring a couple other regular bottles of water to add to it as I drink it. At the end of the day there is still ice in that bottle. If you just want to take the one bottle just fill it with cold water in the morning.....again at the end of the day the water is still just as cold. They have them at South Moon Under but you will pay about $35-$40. Go to Amazon or Target and you can get them cheaper.

Sand Dollars
    I'm sorry if I'm out of the current "fad" of having a brand name or fancy water bottle. A cooler with a couple of bottles of water work just fine for a day at the beach. For $35 you can buy 8 CASES of water!
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    I'm sorry if I'm out of the current "fad" of having a brand name or fancy water bottle. A cooler with a couple of bottles of water work just fine for a day at the beach. For $35 you can buy 8 CASES of water!
    You know I'm with ya.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    I used to think that. But then again, I thought that internet thing was just a fad. Lol. Seriously though, it is much more convenient than having to lug a cooler with ice and water bottles.....and they last for years so I think it is well worth the cost. If you need a cooler for food and/or other libations then it may not be worth it. I usually drink water only on the beach and I never eat on the beach.

Sand Dollars
    I'm still trying to justify the difference to myself. I have pretty well bought into the convenience and I'm sure I'll eventually rationalize the cost.

But My dilemma is finding the type that makes sense to me. There seem to be two basic types: those designed with lids that can be sipped from and are not generally spill proof and those that are spill proof but have awkward to open, screw on caps. I think the first types are more like fancy travel mugs and the second more like a good old thermos bottle.

If I could have the best of both that'd make my rationalizing so much easier.

(But isn't this a more fun and beachey topic!!)