+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Place to eat in Delaware

We are getting ready for our annual trip to OC. Our routine for the past few years has been to stay in Millsboro, DE for two nights with a buddy of mine who has a beach place there. We usually do the dumb thing and drive all the way to OC just for lunch then drive back north. Stupid, but my kids are worked up to drive across the route 50 bridge see the marlin etc. It has become a tradition.

Well this year we are looking at driving direct to my buddies place and hit the beach in Lewes. So we are looking for a recommendation for breakfast between the Bay bridge and the Lewes/Bethany area on our way in. I looked at hitting fish killers since Dean has mentioned it so many times, but they don't open until 11 am on Thursdays and (not to sound like a lush) I don't think they serve booze. After driving all that I usually enjoy a beer.

Any thoughts?

brianpa

Sand Dollars
    Jimmy's Grille...Coastal Highway Lewes/Rehoboth.

http://www.jimmysgrille.org/jimmys-rehoboth/

Sand Dollars
    If you don't want to go very far beyond the Bay Bridge, there's Hemingway's just past the east end of the Bay Bridge. Then there's Harris' Crab Deck & Fisherman's Inn on Kent Island. Of those 3 I'd personally choose Harris', but all are good. There's really lots of places along Rt. 50, but I'm not sure where you'd be leaving Rt. 50 to head towards Delaware.

Sand Dollars
    Those places look good ElAnn, but it looks like they don't open until 11 am. I usually hit the bay bridge by 9 am to avoid all chances of traffic. When I was a kid I had to sit on that bridge in an Oldsmobile without ac and both parents and grandma chain smoking cigarettes.

I will look at Jimmys. They seem to have the traditional breakfast stuff the kids like. I enjoy something beachy.

brianpa

Sand Dollars
    Jimmys has scrapple, that is one of my guilty pleasures. Wife and kids hate it, but I love it.

Doesn't look like Jimmy serves adult beverages though.

brianpa

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by brianpa View Post
    Jimmys has scrapple, that is one of my guilty pleasures. Wife and kids hate it, but I love it.

Doesn't look like Jimmy serves adult beverages though.

brianpa
    Yea...brian they do or at least did serve alcohol. Not sure what time they start. If you pull down their menu and go to the last page or so.

Sand Dollars
    My office computer wasn't bringing that page up. Yep looks like they do have booze. I enjoy a bloody mary with breakfast. That chicken looks good too. I wish they had a crab and egg dish.

brianpa

Sand Dollars
    I've been to the Jimmy's in Bridgeville many years ago. If you prefer to eat earlier in the trip, that might do it for you.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by brookie848 View Post
    I've been to the Jimmy's in Bridgeville many years ago. If you prefer to eat earlier in the trip, that might do it for you.
    Due to us seeing my buddy earlier than usual it will have to be breakfast. Last year we hit seacrets after not being there for around 20 years. Having lunch at seacrets in 2015 was a lot different than our experience at night in the early 90's. We really enjoyed the Jamaican atmosphere. But breakfast it is for this year.

brianpa

Sand Dollars
    Right after the Bay bridge you have
    Hardees
    McDonalds
    Burger King
    Crackle Barrell

Not sure where you turn to head to Delaware but in Easton you have
    Denny's
    Panera
    Bob Evens