+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Big fight at Seacrets?

I heard via "facebook" about a riot and a shooting at Seacrets? Does anyone know anything about this?

Sand Dollars
    I didn't hear anything about an incident at Seacrets, just on the Boardwalk Saturday

http://www.mdcoastdispatch.com/2016/...crowds-gather/

Sand Dollars

fight

yes i saw this too...but a friend was in OC and mentioned about the happenings at Seacrets.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    yes i saw this too...but a friend was in OC and mentioned about the happenings at Seacrets.
    Hadn't heard about that. But, it seems like every summer, there's a few incidents there.

Just the sheer volume of people under 30 who go there at night, combined with some libations, always seems to lead to some issues.

Sand Dollars
    Saturday night security at Seacrets had their hands full. Many fights that seemed to be part of that same boardwalk crowd. As always their security handled it well, but it was more than usual and I believe at least one security guard was injured. I don't believe there were any shots fired. I did hear that there WAS gunfire heard at the boardwalk incident.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMan View Post
    Saturday night security at Seacrets had their hands full. Many fights that seemed to be part of that same boardwalk crowd. As always their security handled it well, but it was more than usual and I believe at least one security guard was injured. I don't believe there were any shots fired. I did hear that there WAS gunfire heard at the boardwalk incident.
    So, it was part of that "College Beach Weekend" group.

I wonder if there were other incidents on Saturday night besides Seacrets and the Boardwalk issues.

Sand Dollars

fights etc

So sad,,,,OC is one of my favorite places to go. and it upsets me to hear of these happenings..I avoid the boardwalk at night... i dont care for the riff raff that hang out there. now i will avoid it even more...very sad...

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    So sad,,,,OC is one of my favorite places to go. and it upsets me to hear of these happenings..I avoid the boardwalk at night... i dont care for the riff raff that hang out there. now i will avoid it even more...very sad...
    I've found during the height of the summer season, that the Boardwalk is still for the most part a very safe place, particularly the southern most part. This past weekend was honestly the first time in my 30+ years of walking the Boardwalk that I've ever truly felt uneasy or unsafe.