Thread: College Weekend

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Ah yes, let's harass people while they are on vacation...some of them, their only vacation for the entire year. SMH. For the record, I'm referring to the BLM group.

Sand Dollars
    This is the most recent article on this weekend's unpleasantness from The Dispatch

http://www.mdcoastdispatch.com/2016/...weekend-event/

Considering this "College Beach Weekend" social media group has a history of being agitators, it seems like "College Beach Weekend" is a front.

Sand Dollars
    We were on the boardwalk early Saturday morning for a breakfast at the Dough Roller and some arcade time. In 36 years of coming to OC, I have NEVER seen so much trash all over the boardwalk, actual garbage blowing everywhere. There was a police presence unlike anything I've ever seen, especially at 9:00 am. My family kept commenting on it as we walked. After seeing the reports, no wonder it was there. Either these thugs littered up the place the night before or the crews couldn't get in the clean it up due to the melee. These BLM are not typical OC vacationers. It's a shame I have to think twice to take my 2 and 4 year old little girls on the BW. Too bad MD does not have concealed carry reciprocity with PA. I would feel much safer. Agitators of the police have no place in family friendly OC...or anywhere in this country.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
    We were on the boardwalk early Saturday morning for a breakfast at the Dough Roller and some arcade time. In 36 years of coming to OC, I have NEVER seen so much trash all over the boardwalk, actual garbage blowing everywhere. There was a police presence unlike anything I've ever seen, especially at 9:00 am. My family kept commenting on it as we walked. After seeing the reports, no wonder it was there. Either these thugs littered up the place the night before or the crews couldn't get in the clean it up due to the melee. These BLM are not typical OC vacationers. It's a shame I have to think twice to take my 2 and 4 year old little girls on the BW. Too bad MD does not have concealed carry reciprocity with PA. I would feel much safer. Agitators of the police have no place in family friendly OC...or anywhere in this country.
    When we were on the Boardwalk Friday night, there was a large gathering around 11th St or so. It really felt like something was about to happen. In over 30 years of going on the Boardwalk, I've seen all kinds of people age, sex, race, religion, etc, and this was the only time I've ever felt uneasy or uncomfortable on the Boardwalk in Ocean City.

We stayed on the south end where it remains crowded on Saturday night.

This same group threatened a takeover two summers ago, and OC put it to rest. I hope they keep a watchful eye on social media in the future.

My niece just turned five, and she adores the Boardwalk. I want her to have the same great memories of summer nights on the Boardwalk that I have. Not this.

Sand Dollars
    It WAS the College Weekend Takeover crowd that threatened to show up a couple years ago. This time they stayed under the radar and caught the police off guard. It had nothing to do with the Black Lives Matter movement. People chanted that saying as police were breaking up the scene, but it was not a BLM protest.

I am not of the "political correct" mindset but calling it "Obama's America" shows ignorance and perpetuates the hatred and racism even more. As far as I know anyone on this forum would gladly welcome Obama and his family to walk down our boardwalk at anytime. These people don't represent Obama....just like Trump doesn't represent all white people. An apology should be issued.

BTW.....this shouldn't matter but I am white and I AM NOT a Democrat.

Sand Dollars
    While this College Beach Weekend group doesn't seem to have the same agenda that BLM has, they seem to exist only to agitate and start trouble.

I'm just hoping this weekend's incidents on the Boardwalk and Seacrets are isolated, and this kind of thing doesn't occur again.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by seagirl View Post

The Peoples Republic of Maryland will never have concealed carry reciprocity with PA or anywhere else. They don't even allow it for their own subjects, er citizens.

We have been trying to avoid the boardwalk for the last few years. My kids obviously want to go, but it has gotten very seedy over the years. It was always in my lifetime a place where you would see drunk teens and 20 somethings. But now it boarders on unsafe. I couldn't imagine trying to drive the coastal highway if this crew tried to block the roadway like they have done in other areas. Talk about an education for your kids.

I have read the stories online and read the blatant and not so blatant racism associated in the comment section. I don't believe for a second these thugs are college students.

The mayor of OC has some serious problems. I have heard these types of stories about Virginia Beach and this is one of the reasons we have never gone there. The first step in solving a problem is admitting you have a problem. Sweeping it under the rug and burying the story doesn't help. When people throw bottles at cops they should be cuffed and stuffed in a paddy wagon and spend the night or nights in jail waiting for formal arraignment. Anything else is a disservice to society and to the thugs themselves. It only emboldens them and others like them to escalation of their crimes.

brianpa

Sand Dollars
    Obama's America supports attacks on LEOs. Obama's America condones riots. Need I continue? BLM was part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMan View Post
    It WAS the College Weekend Takeover crowd that threatened to show up a couple years ago. This time they stayed under the radar and caught the police off guard. It had nothing to do with the Black Lives Matter movement. People chanted that saying as police were breaking up the scene, but it was not a BLM protest.

I am not of the "political correct" mindset but calling it "Obama's America" shows ignorance and perpetuates the hatred and racism even more. As far as I know anyone on this forum would gladly welcome Obama and his family to walk down our boardwalk at anytime. These people don't represent Obama....just like Trump doesn't represent all white people. An apology should be issued.

BTW.....this shouldn't matter but I am white and I AM NOT a Democrat.
    Ken

Sand Dollars
    Terp,

I'm a little rusty on my internet abbreviations. What does LEO stand for?

Sand Dollars
    Law enforcement officer
    Ken