Thread: College Weekend

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Sand Dollars
    That's the problem. People (not meaning you) read headlines, not the story. And then they "pass it on" . And gets distorted and incites people who are looking for any excuse to carry on. I honestly blame media for much of the trouble in this country. They're trying to get readers and buyers, so they'll print the most provocative headlines they can. They'll twist stories around for ultimate "effect". Politics........same thing.
    Sad.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    That's the problem. People (not meaning you) read headlines, not the story. And then they "pass it on" . And gets distorted and incites people who are looking for any excuse to carry on. I honestly blame media for much of the trouble in this country. They're trying to get readers and buyers, so they'll print the most provocative headlines they can. They'll twist stories around for ultimate "effect". Politics........same thing.
    Sad.
    You're 100% right. I think The Dispatch, especially, should've done a better job posting the story on social media. I expect that kind of irresponsible reporting from the likes of Baltimore's WBAL.

Like I said, I just hope people take the time and read the article before reacting.

Sand Dollars
    On a related note, it seems like many who came down for the "College Beach Weekend" were sleeping in their vehicles. So, OC wants to crack down on that.

http://www.oceancitytoday.net/p/visi...ations/1556150

I'm glad to see a media source that's not afraid to call them "thugs" instead of "protesters."
    https://www.exptools4u.com