Thread: College Weekend

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by brianpa View Post
    You give them your valuables.

Every car in Maryland unless its a cop or a criminal is not carrying. They already know that.

If your scenario played out for me in PA while I was traveling armed in a car. I would give them my valuables. If they injured other drivers in other cars and then walked up to mine different story.
    No offense, but that is the problem nowadays, they know they can prey on people and possibly get away with it, and if they dont, they get free room, board and get to hang out with their buddies for a few months on our dollar.
    I always said I would fight back if I could, I may not win, but they will know they were in a fight, and maybe think twice about trying something on someone again.

Sand Dollars
    According to the Salisbury News now on FB, there is definitely going to be a black lives matter rally in OC tonight, and someone also reported that there are large groups of motorcycle gangs coming into town as well (not the "I'm a dr. and drive a Harley" type). I HOPE and PRAY that NONE of this happens. OC will suffer greatly if this nonsense goes on. It's supposedly because of the White Marlin Open tshirts that say White lives matter (referring to the White Marlin). People just need ANY excuse to act like animals. I don't know why the event organizers thought that shirt was in good taste in these times.
    Praying for OC.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    The shirts are in no way associated with the event organizers.
    Ken

Sand Dollars
    Has anyone heard anything about this yet? I couldn't find ant web cams.

Sand Dollars

College Weekend????

If anyone believes that the RIOT participants were college students, this country will be in serious trouble if these "college students" are the future of the USA. These young RIOTERS never went to college, and few if any graduated or attended high school. What occurred was a RIOT in spite of how the mayor characterized the event. He cannot admit the truth, because OC depends for its existence on the tourist trade. Few tourists will consider vacationing in OC if they expect another RIOT will occur. Without saying, how many blond-hair Swedes did you notice at the RIOT?

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about this yet? I couldn't find ant web cams.
    As of 11:30 p.m., nothing. To be bluntly honest here, the guy who posted it in the Salisbury News FB page did the same thing last weekend. I am discounting anything that guy says from now on. I think he's just a crackpot who wants to stir things up. I was just gullible enough to think it was legit. Sorry all.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    As of 11:30 p.m., nothing. To be bluntly honest here, the guy who posted it in the Salisbury News FB page did the same thing last weekend. I am discounting anything that guy says from now on. I think he's just a crackpot who wants to stir things up. I was just gullible enough to think it was legit. Sorry all.
    Hopefully you are correct.

Sand Dollars
    Did you all see this article. Hopefully the media doesn't twist it making LEOs the bad guys.
    http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2016/08/...olice.html?m=1

Sand Dollars
    Please don't listen to that guy. He has tried to stir things up for two weeks in a row and has posted that nonsense on his FB page (Salisbury News). It's not a real newspaper, it's his own page. He's a troublemaker.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
    Did you all see this article. Hopefully the media doesn't twist it making LEOs the bad guys.
    http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2016/08/...olice.html?m=1
    I saw this story making the rounds on Facebook yesterday, usually with misleading headlines like "Suspect dies in police custody."

But, at least the articles point out that this was a drug dealer who had about 1500 bags of illegal drugs, including heroin, in his vehicle. He OD'ed and the police called EMS, who took him to Atlantic General, where he was pronounced dead.

It's obvious that the police and EMS tried to save this guy, but I'm hoping logic prevails and there are no issues in Ocean City over the coming weeks as a result.