+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Ocean City soundtracks

Hey everyone. Another topic i was interested in with fellow posters here is what kind of music, or songs remind you of OC. Maybe songs you would hear there and just stuck with you or songs that just always reminded you of it. Ever since i was a young kid, the Michael Jackson song "Human Nature" always put me back into those summers. To this day i still listen to it to get me excited about heading there. What are some songs like that for everyone else?

Sand Dollars
    Now that I live out here, every year on the day after Labor Day I have to to fire up Don Henley's "Boys of Summer".

Sand Dollars
    Not to change the subject....

I'm surprised there are not many songs written about Ocean City. This is my favorite "My Baby Lives In Ocean City MD https://youtu.be/BznVVowHtrkhttps://youtu.be/BznVVowHtrk

Here in Ohio we have a island in Lake Erie, Put-in-Bay also know Keywest of the North & Disneyland for Alcoholics, there are hundreds of songs written about it. My short youtube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...QV0On1_0FTkivj

Sand Dollars
    I think it was the summer of 1991 when I was in OC for a week with my family, that the REM song "Shiny Happy People" was all over the radio. Everywhere we went that week, we heard that song. Now, 25 years later, every time I hear it, I think of Ocean City.

Of course, there's also the usual Jimmy Buffett and Beach Boys songs I like to listen to down there.

Sand Dollars
    Oh my gosh..there are so many. Walk on the Ocean by Toad the Wet Sprocket, the Chicago Album with "Hard to Say I'm Sorry", The Cult album with "Love Removal Machine". Also when I was a graduating Senior, right around the time music was first able to be downloaded and put onto a CD..there is an entire album somebody burned labeled "Senior Week". I still have it. I think it might have that song Wild, Wild West by Fresh Prince. None of these really have that much to do with OC but I hear them and am instantly transported to Coastal Highway..lol good thread

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
    Oh my gosh..there are so many. Walk on the Ocean by Toad the Wet Sprocket, the Chicago Album with "Hard to Say I'm Sorry", The Cult album with "Love Removal Machine". Also when I was a graduating Senior, right around the time music was first able to be downloaded and put onto a CD..there is an entire album somebody burned labeled "Senior Week". I still have it. I think it might have that song Wild, Wild West by Fresh Prince. None of these really have that much to do with OC but I hear them and am instantly transported to Coastal Highway..lol good thread
    I remember when I was down there for Senior Week in 1998, we heard the song "The Way" by Fastball everywhere we went. I just happened to hear that song yesterday, and it brought back a lot of memories.

That same week, I purchased a copy of a compilation of songs by the band Europe, so we listened to "The Final Countdown" a lot towards the end of that week.

Sand Dollars
    I remember that Fastball song very well. I was also in OC that year for senior week. Class of '98! Whoo! LOL.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCMike View Post
    I remember that Fastball song very well. I was also in OC that year for senior week. Class of '98! Whoo! LOL.
    Can't believe it's been 18 years.

We stayed on 55th St, and we'd often take a five block walk to Tubby's to get 2nd dinner. I miss that place.

Two soundtracks I forgot to mention.

During the summer of 1989, we saw Batman (the movie, not the DJ) at the Gold Coast Mall. I eventually got the soundtrack on tape, and used to listen to it on my Walkman during our trips to the beach. I picked up a used CD for like $2 at Planet Replay a few years ago, and listen to it at least once a summer. Always takes me back to being in the back seat of my folks' car as we went over the Bay Bridge.

Also, in the 2000s, I found myself driving to OC by myself a few times - either for work or to meet family down there. I often listened to The Who's Quadrophenia album since there are some songs about the beach (granted, Brighton), and it took me more than half way there.

Sand Dollars

98 Grad

Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098 View Post
    I remember when I was down there for Senior Week in 1998, we heard the song "The Way" by Fastball everywhere we went. I just happened to hear that song yesterday, and it brought back a lot of memories.

That same week, I purchased a copy of a compilation of songs by the band Europe, so we listened to "The Final Countdown" a lot towards the end of that week.

haha Fastball...I haven't thought about that band in a while. We also listened to The Final Countdown because it was our football team's warm up before a games/district playoffs. The Riviera was a hoppin place in the summer of '98 and '99. Can't believe I used to be one of the "seniors" that are sometimes problematic for vacationers. Loved every minute of it.

Sand Dollars
    seagirl,

I think the craziest thing we did as seniors in OC was drink a bunch of Mad Dog 20/20, then walk to the Maui Mini Golf Course.

We also did AYCE crabs at Waterman's twice.

We were party animals. :-)