+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Beaches, Bikinis, and Boardwalks

Good Morning All,

For anyone who's not seen it, the Travel Channel show Beaches, Bikinis, and Boardwalks with the Ocean City feature (from 2013 I think), is airing Tuesday morning at 10:30am.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098 View Post
    Good Morning All,

For anyone who's not seen it, the Travel Channel show Beaches, Bikinis, and Boardwalks with the Ocean City feature (from 2013 I think), is airing Tuesday morning at 10:30am.
    Sorry, it's at 10am tomorrow morning.

Sand Dollars
    Darn......shirt.....i missed it!!!!!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by kdog2 View Post
    Darn......shirt.....i missed it!!!!!
    Travel Channel tends to rerun those throughout the summer.

About once a week or so, I go to the search function on my DVR and type "Ocean City" to see if it's featured on any shows, so I'll post if its upcoming again.

Sand Dollars
    Thank you,my friend..

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by kdog2 View Post
    Thank you,my friend..
    Not a problem. Ocean City has actually been pretty present on basic cable over the past five years, appearing on this show as well as Strange Inheritance (Trimper's), Hotel Rescue (Lankford), Waterfront House Hunters, and various other random summertime travel / food shows.

There's a new show on Cooking Channel called Beach Eats that I hope features OC at some point.

I think Pepper's was supposed to be on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, but it never happened (probably due to the year-by-year status of the location).

Sand Dollars
    not to sound mean...but i am hoping the seniors are gone this weekend.......taking grandkids down for soccer and the Air Show... Now...some seniors are fine...but seems like a few rotten ones... stir up trouble.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmommom View Post
    not to sound mean...but i am hoping the seniors are gone this weekend.......taking grandkids down for soccer and the Air Show... Now...some seniors are fine...but seems like a few rotten ones... stir up trouble.
    We were down there around this time last year for the Air Show, and didn't have any issues with graduating seniors.

Of course, OC was packed with families, so there was really no room on the Boardwalk for the kind of fights that showed up on social media last weekend.

Sand Dollars
    Back on topic with the thread... I hate to say it but I was a little underwhelmed of their coverage of OC. They spent most of the time talking about White Marlin fishing. They really didn't hit on any of the food, bar or club staples. There wasn't much on the history of OC either. I watched a few other episodes of the show that featured places like Coney Island, Atlantic City, Hollywood, FL and so on. I feel like they gave a little broader coverage of those places compared to OC. Maybe it's just me...

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by OCMike View Post
    ... I hate to say it but I was a little underwhelmed of their coverage of OC...
    Yeah I thought they spent a little too much time on the water park. But I guess they were intent of finding the young girls in bikinis!

I never will get the whole drive to the ocean to spend time in a man-made water park. But that's me ... I get that more people think unlike me. I'm sure others don't get driving to the ocean to eat a sugar coated donut topped with more sugar. ;-)