+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    OK, so dogs are not allowed on the Boardwalk during the busy spring / summer season. And this is primarily when The Frog Bar is open, as they are a seasonal business.

Why would they allow pets in their establishment?

Firstly, the place is small enough as it is without a dog walking around.

I know it's technically off the Boardwalk, but it's close enough.

Sand Dollars
    You are not allowed to take dogs INSIDE any restaurant. Except for service dogs of course. All of the restaurants who allow dogs allow them OUTSIDE ONLY! And as for the Frog Bar, you can get to it from the street without going onto the boardwalk.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I love dogs. We have a young female black lab that is just an awesome dog. That being said I absolutely hate when people bring small dogs everywhere they go in public. Its as if just because it is small it should be ok. Many people are afraid of dogs. Some may have allergies. I certainly would understand someone being upset with a dog in a restaurant. Years ago we were at the old bahama mammas on Wicomico and a woman had a small dog on her lap at the outside bar. I made a comment in my trip report how this would be highly offensive to some people.

Those small dogs can be very unpredictable. We have neighbors that have small dogs that take them on the boat in the summer when we tie up they jump from boat to boat. One is very aggressive and has bit quite a few people in the neighborhood over the years. Owners know the quirks of their own animals. As a parent the last thing I would expect to encounter in a restaurant or boardwalk is a live animal (save for police horse or bird).

Don't even get me started on the jokers that drive with the little dogs on their laps.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    You are not allowed to take dogs INSIDE any restaurant. Except for service dogs of course. All of the restaurants who allow dogs allow them OUTSIDE ONLY! And as for the Frog Bar, you can get to it from the street without going onto the boardwalk.
    So, in that tiny outdoor seating area, where you often have the wait staff walking around. Doesn't seem like a good place for a dog if you ask me.

Although I'd rather have a dog sitting there then have people smoking around me. But I've already address that before with The Frog Bar.

Sand Dollars
    The option with the Frog Bar is to eat inside. I really wish they could extend their outdoor seating to streetside as well. Love their food.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    The option with the Frog Bar is to eat inside. I really wish they could extend their outdoor seating to streetside as well. Love their food.
    Unfortunately, until they ban smoking outside, the only option is to eat inside.

Luckily, they usually have the windows open on nice days to let the breeze from the Inlet into the bar.

Sand Dollars
    Z - FYI - There is sort of a "Like" button - It is the star on the lower left of each post

Sand Dollars
    Where do I even start with this thread? I'll keep it simple.

People that vacation with their pets are good owners. They're not leaving their dog to rot in the room.

I view OC as I would any big city, such as NYC. Why shouldn't you be allowed to sit OUTSIDE with your dog to get lunch or dinner? You're walking the dog and stop for lunch, so what? Taking your dog with you them more time out of the hotel/condo, which was one of the original points.

Sand Dollars

pet friendly

Thank you..this was my point to start with.... Yes we own our condo..so we can take our beloved pet... better then kenneling them..when you have NO IDEA what actually goes on. When we are in OC..it is no different then when we are at home... sometimes. the dog gets to come with us..and sometimes he doesnt....

Sand Dollars
    Owning a condo and having a pet come along to vacation with you is okay because the pet is accustomed to the condo and used to the OC area .Basically you have your pet trained. I don't see an issue with this.

But to bring a dog to OC especially during restrictions time (May to Oct) and have them pended up in a non familiar room doesn't make a hill of beans sense.
    And don't tell me you wont be out all day on the beach, shopping, eating, etc, etc because you will be and if your not than wants the point of coming to OC?

Oh and you say they''ll be at a kennel, "what's the difference".. Well you can take your dog a few times to the kennel to get accustomed to it. Majority of kennels take better care of the animals than most owners.