+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Cool Pet friendly Restaurants/Bars

I checked the OC website..and found a few...The Shrimp Boat,,,Taphouse, Mackys...any one know any other pet friendly bars/restaurants?
    Thanks.

Sand Dollars
    Yea, that's a great idea, bring in your pooch while they get stepped on and kicked by people.
    I don't understand why people need to bring a pet into a restaurant unless its a service dog.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by tfunkhouser View Post
    Yea, that's a great idea, bring in your pooch while they get stepped on and kicked by people.
    I don't understand why people need to bring a pet into a restaurant unless its a service dog.
    I so agree! I don't understand why people want to torture their pets just so they can bring them vacation with them. Find someone at home to keep the animal while you're gone. Both you & the pet will be happier in the long run. There are just too many "dangers" in strange areas. The greatest of which is having the pet get lose & wonder around a strange town.

Sand Dollars
    First off, dogs are NOT allowed on the beach or the boardwalk between May 1 and October 1, so for vacationers, their pets will be cooped up in the condo all day while they enjoy the beach. Gee, sounds like fun for the dog. And then it has to be on a leash at all other times when outdoors.

But for those of you who MUST bring them, here's a helpful list where you can bring your dogs. And of course, this is also a list of places for those who don't want to be in places that allow dogs to avoid.
    http://www.delmarvaunleashed.com/dog-friendly.html

Worcester County (Ocean City)

Fish Tales Bar & Grill, Ocean City
    Frog Bar, Ocean City
    Rosenfields Jewish Deli, Ocean City
    Macky's Bar & Grill, Ocean City
    Taphouse, Ocean City
    OC Steamers, Ocean City
    Sunset Grille, West Ocean City
    Smokers Barbeque, West Ocean City
    Dumsers Dairyland, West Ocean City
    Teasers, West Ocean City
    Micky Fins
    Atlantic Hotel, Berlin
    Maryland Wine Bar, Berlin
    Costa Ventos Winery, Whaleyville
    Breakfast Cafe, Ocean City
    Miones, West Ocean City

Paws & Claws Etc...Ocean City & West Ocean City
    Sandy Paws, Ocean City

Clarion, Ocean City
    Barefoot Mailman, Ocean City
    Comfort Suites, Ocean City
    Fenwick Inn, North Ocean City
    Frontier Town, West Ocean City
    Fort Whaley Campgrounds, Whaleyville
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars

Pet friendly

Hmmmm we own a condo. so. we take our "pet" with us each month to OC.. Dogs are allowed on the beach and boardwalk from Oct 1-May 1...so we do take him.. in season..we walk him on a lot beside our condo... I am not thinking of taking him to crowded bars/restaurants.i wanted to know what outside bars/restaurants he would be welcome at... he is a small 12 lb dog...who sits on our laps...I just was asking for pet friendly places so i do know where he is welcome.. Not sure i see the big deal in taking him... he is actually alot better behaved then most kids or teens i see running around OC. unsupervised..... acting like delinquents.... Just had to say my piece...
    Last edited by ocmommom; 04-12-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Big difference....You own a condo....

Meaning you probably spend a lot of time in your condo not like a one week vacationer.

Your pet is used to your condo not like a one week vacationer.

Your pet is used to the hussle and bussle of OC not like a one week vacationer.

You know the laws of OC not like a one week vacationer.

Big difference
    Last edited by tfunkhouser; 04-12-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Here's a difference. Dogs poop where people walk, and while I'm sure you're a good pet parent, not everyone is and not everyone cleans up their pup's poop. And kids run around and tramp in it, or even vacationers and condo owners will walk somewhere and then tramp in it. While that can happen anywhere, OC is a resort town and most vacationers don't expect to be having to dodge poop piles while they're walking in their flip flops or even bare feet. Yes, I've tramped in it a couple of times in the sand and it's disgusting.
    Another difference is that no matter what size the dog is, it drools, and it sheds. And while I would like to sit outside and enjoy my drink or my burger and watch the boats or the sunset, I don't appreciate someone sitting next to me with their dog (no matter what size) so that I'm smelling the dog, the dog's breath, or having dog hair blowing into my drinks or onto my food. So my option is to eat somewhere else because dogs are permitted there? Like I said, there's the list. I'm sad that Frog's in on there, because I won't frequent any of those places (at least I won't sit outside there) where they allow dogs.
    And FYI, I do like dogs, and I have a cat, so I'm not anti-pet. And that's my "piece". Just expressing my feelings, not looking to pick a fight with anyone.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Sunset Grill is pet friendly???? That is surprising.

Sand Dollars

pet friendly

yes i agree with all those statements!!!! Not picking a fight either...just our condo is our second home...so we enjoy taking our dog...and YES 75 % of the time he is in teh condo or on the deck with us...But same as being at our home......and to all YES we do pick up his poop....
    Last edited by ocmommom; 04-14-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Sand Dollars
    We need a "like" button on here for your statement ocmommom.
    Ask an OC Insider