+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Presidents' Day Dining Report

My wife and I went to Ocean City for our annual Presidents' Day trip this past weekend.

Friday - We got into town late, but had some drinks at Pizza Tugo's in West OC. I couldn't resist a $1 slice of cheese pizza.

Saturday - We had a late lunch at Big Pecker's. I overate, having chili and a bacon cheeseburger. As always the cheeseburger was amazing, as were the seasoned fries. The chili left a little to be desired, but it was good on such a cold day.

We hit the buffet at Embers for dinner. Most of the food was very good. The roast beef in particular was excellent. I also recommend their dill salmon and fried catfish.

Sunday - We had lunch at the OC Brewing Company. We split two burgers, a Hangover Helper, which had a fried egg, and a Pub Burger, with bacon and BBQ sauce. Both were very good burgers, although the food prices are a little on the high side. I had two beer flights, and I have yet to try an OCBC beer I don't like.

Sunday night, we had a nice Valentine's Day dinner at BJ's North. I had a cup of cream of crab soup, which had some huge chunks of crab meat. I also had a grilled mahi mahi sandwich. My only complaint was that the fries were a little plain.

Monday's snowstorm forced us to hit the road a little earlier than we normally would have. We hit Wendy's in West OC before we left.

Due to the cold weather, none of the snack shacks on the Boardwalk were open. We can usually count on Thrashers (they were open on Saturday, but we didn't stop). Pollock Johnny's are also usually open in Winter, but they were closed. I don't blame them, it was extremely cold both Saturday and Sunday.

Sand Dollars
    Embers has always been our choice of buffets in OC. And Horizon's. We're on the fence about going down for Cruise in this year. Hotel prices have gone through the roof and most are requiring a 3 night minimum. But you sure made me want to make the 6 hour drive just for an Embers buffet!! lol
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I used to go to Bonfire until I tried Embers for the first time in 2009.

My only complaint is with the crab dip and crab imperial. Neither are really that good, but they have enough good options in the buffet for me to overlook these.

Sand Dollars
    Have you ever tried Horizons? It really is about the best in OC as far as taste. Not as large as the others, but everything is super hot and fresh.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Z,

I haven't tried them. Where are they located?

Sand Dollars
    Horizon's is inside the Clarion Hotel on 101st St. Oceanfront views make it even nicer.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Great report! I'm a fan of Big Peckers and Embers, nice choices!

Sand Dollars
    Pushka,

Welcome to the Forum.

Sand Dollars
    Kds -- my mom and I had the cream of crab at BJ's in September and it was great and just as you said -- huge chunks of crab.

Since we just got back from our cruise this weekend, this means it's time to start planning the Ocean City trip. Thanks for the report!