+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Question What to do with a 2 year old

We will be arriving in OC on Thursday, can anyone suggest things to do with a 2 year old? I heard some of the Pier rides will be open. Indoor waterparks anywhere? Thank you

Sand Dollars
    Your best bet with a 2 year old are the indoor rides on the boardwalk if they are still open on the weekend. This is a tough time of year to entertain a 2 year old at the beach. Enjoy!
    Ken

Sand Dollars
    There are no indoor water parks in OC. The nearest one is at the Francis Scott Key Resort in West OC, and that is for their guests. To be honest, with the storms and sand this weekend I seriously doubt that any rides on the pier will be open. Jolly Roger pier rides will not be open at all. http://jollyrogerpieroc.com/hours/
    Trimpers on the boardwalk has indoor rides for toddlers. They MAY be open if they didn't have any damage from the flooding and sand storms.
    I would suggest spending time in your indoor hotel pool, although they may have restrictions because of diapers, etc. Aside from that, build sand castles, fly a kite, you can rent a bicycle surrey and ride on the boardwalk with your baby. Children that age don't require entertainment and they certainly don't remember ever being there when they're older. So just go, take a stroller, enjoy the cars, and have fun.
    Ask an OC Insider