+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Effects of the Storm?

My family is coming to OC on Thursday Oct 8th, we are worried that many of the places will be closed due to the recent flooding and the storm which is predicted to hit this weekend. Should we cancel our trip? Concerned about the beach erosion? Boardwalk shops will be closed?

Sand Dollars
    By the 8th it should be business as usual........

Sand Dollars
    I agree with Highball. The town is already cleaning up from the storm and should be fine by the 8th.

Sand Dollars
    One thing I can say for sure about Ocean City is that they are masters at getting the sand back where it belongs, and getting the town back to normal. There may be a few things closed, but even today in the worst of the weather both Thrasher's Fries and Fisher's Popcorn on the boardwalk were both open for business! I did see some damage to the inlet parking lot, but even that should be fixed or on it's way to recovery by the time Wednesday rolls around. By next weekend, you will most likely not even be able to tell there was a storm. Go and have a great time!
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    For the most part the places that are closed would have been closed even if there hadn't been a storm. This is October, not August! As for storm damage, as the others have said, OC is very experienced at recovering quickly from storm damage. Even though there will be a lot of people in town because of the Cruisin' event, those people don't usually participate in a lot of the non-event activities like boardwalk rides, etc. They are more interested in seeing cars, being seen with their cars & other things associated with Cruisin'.

Sand Dollars
    Both the beach and the inlet parking lot were open for business today. Thrasher's and Fisher's both open as well.They have moved the majority of the sand off the boardwalk already. You have nothing to worry about. Have fun at the car show.
    Ask an OC Insider