Thread: Pepper's Tavern

+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

Pepper's Tavern

So, it looks like the Seascape, and Pepper's Tavern with it, are about to enter the realm of vanishing Ocean City.

I kinda figured the return of Pepper's would be brief, and I'm glad that I got to go there and have one more drink last month. I also got to take my fiance there for the first time.

I had a lot of fun times at the Pepper's on 16th St. Most notably having absinthe for the first time with two friends as we sat and watched a really good classic rock covers band on an April afternoon in 2008.

Pepper's is looking for another location, so hopefully we'll see them in 2016.

Sand Dollars
    Time will tell...

Sand Dollars
    Noticed when we were there around Christmas-time, that the Sea Scape is saying that they'll be open in Summer 2016.

Makes me wonder if Pepper's will be back again at that location.

Sand Dollars

Cool So sad )-:

I hope that that "block" of the boardwalk will be there one more year. Been coming to OC for over 50 years and love this section for it's old OC feel. Stay at Harrison Hall (with my parents as a kid) and still go there because it is so convenient. Had "Peppers Five Star Dive", fantastic food and DiFrancesco"s (not sure about spelling) for great pizza, also had ice cream. Oh my, I know nothing stays the same and usually adjust well to change but this may be a hard one. Hope those businesses can relocate close by.

Sand Dollars
    Did you see they tore the Riviera down? It was behind the Crystal Beach on 25th St. They're building another hotel to be part of the Crystal Beach complex, and all are part of the Carousel Group.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    The Carousel Group really seem to be spreading their wings in recent years.

Sand Dollars
    From Pepper's Tavern Facebook page:

So if you haven't already heard by now.... The rumors are true! The demolishion of the Seascape Hotel has been put on hold ( at least for now) and we have been granted another summer to open up Peppers Tavern!!! We are shooting for March 10th if everything goes as planned!! We hope you are as stoked as we are about the news and look forward to seeing everyone real soon!! We will keep Facebook posted with any and all updates!!! Thank you

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by tfunkhouser View Post
    From Pepper's Tavern Facebook page:

So if you haven't already heard by now.... The rumors are true! The demolishion of the Seascape Hotel has been put on hold ( at least for now) and we have been granted another summer to open up Peppers Tavern!!! We are shooting for March 10th if everything goes as planned!! We hope you are as stoked as we are about the news and look forward to seeing everyone real soon!! We will keep Facebook posted with any and all updates!!! Thank you
    Thanks for the update.

I guess I'll get to have another last beer there after all.

I'm hoping that while they're in business for another season, they can find a permanent location somewhere.

Sand Dollars
    Great news! I went by there this past weekend and not a thing was going on but hopefully they make it open by this coming weekend. It's going to be a big weekend around town between the St. Patrick's Day festivities and the fact that the weather forecast is looking to be decent.

Sand Dollars
    Here's the latest: http://oceancitytoday.villagesoup.co...season/1493267

Ocean City’s Five Star Dive to remain open another season
    Peppers Tavern and anchor motel Sea Scape stave off development one more time
    By Greg Ellison | Mar 10, 2016

Photo by: Josh Davis
    Known as a five-star dive, Peppers Tavern, reopened this week, right on schedule for St. Patrick’s Day festivities.
    (March 11, 2016) Flying in the face of persistent rumors concerning its demise, the Sea Scape Motel on the Boardwalk at 15th Street will open for at least one more summer. This is also good news for thirsty residents and visitors as Peppers Tavern reopened this week, just in time for the St. Patrick’s Day parade on Saturday.

Cathy Achee, general manager of Sea Scape, said the property owners still hope to tear down and rebuild in the future.

“We are here for this year,” she said. “We are tentative for next year.”

Meanwhile, Peppers Tavern manager Jason Frank and staff were busy this week preparing for another year.

Sea Scape is currently accepting reservations from May until September, Achee said. In addition to Peppers this also means other stores located on the property, like Franco’s Pizza, will open again this summer.

Because of the uncertainty of the hotel and associated properties, Achee said souvenir hunters have been active, in one instance even removing the sign at Peppers under the cover of darkness.

“They’re taking pieces of Peppers and the motel and we’re not even closed,” she said.

In another case, Achee discovered a man discarding construction debris in the motel’s dumpster. When confronted the perpetrator acted incredulous as he mistakenly thought the establishment was shuttered.

Others have been caught trying to remove bricks from the structure. Achee laughs while promising whenever the motel does renovate bricks will be available upon request, but she also cautions people not to hold their breath.

“Sometimes it takes up to five years,” she said. “Nothing is ever settled until it is finalized.”
    Ask an OC Insider