+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

History on 34th St. beach house.

My wife and I have been coming to O.C. since we were kids. At least 55 years on and off. So this is for some locals who may be able to help me find out the history on a beach house. We were up there this summer and stayed in a condo on 35th St. It was on the ocean side on the 2nd floor with balconies on 3 sides. It overlooked a beach house which we had seen many years before. I spoke to a very nice lady staying in another house 2 house's up from this house. She said it used to belong to a man by the name of Tom Collins (like the drink) but he sold it and I do not remember that mans name. This piece of land with the beach house and 2 or 3 others on 34th St. was purchased by Tom Collins grand mother back in the early 1900's. I did a Google search but no luck. The lady said it was called Collinwood. I would love to know the history about this place. Really a most interesting place. She went on to say that a few years back there was a big write up in the paper about it. Would love to read that. So if anyone know's of this house please reply back or guide me to were I might find the story on this house. Thanks!

Sand Dollars
    I gooogled Collinwood Ocean City MD....the first result was a website VRBO....they have it for rent. Unless you mean that BIG house in Maine with vampires and witches....

Sand Dollars

34th St. Beach house

Thanks, But I am not talking about a house in Maine with whatever. I was really hoping someone may know the history about this place! It would be nice if someone could be serious about helping me out.

Sand Dollars
    I think I know what house you mean, because I also always found it interesting. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about its history. It is one of the few stand alone beach houses ocean front. It was built (or rebuilt) around 1990. It was for sale about 10 years ago for about $4M and later dropped to about $3M (fully furnished). They had large ads in the local papers advertising it, I may still have a copy. If so, I will post a copy.