Thread: vandalized?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    The " Roar " of Skateboards? Are you serious?!?

Sand Dollars
    Yes, I'm quite serious. We've even had to turn on the air conditioner to drown out the noise. This isn't at 11 at night. It's at 2 and 3 and 4 in the morning when people are sleeping, but there are kids riding up and down the boardwalk, yelling, and doing tricks. They do roar when they're the only thing awake on the boards.
    Last edited by Z06RL; 07-18-2015 at 09:25 AM.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
    The "Roar" of skateboards? Please. If you are awakened by such, you must assuredly not be able to sleep at all when any car show is in OC with loud exhausts up and down coastal during all hours of the night. Heaven forbid if your significant other started to snore. I'd suggest ear plugs.

I'd be willing to wager that OC council wasn't considering the noise of a skateboard when that ordinance was put into place, they were considering the potential law suits from a skateboarder injuring themselves on the boardwalk. Then they would be held liable. The ordinance helps to absolve them. Same thing with Dogs, and bicycles it helps absolve them in the event of an accident or injury. The entire town is heavily dependent on tourist $$$ and the people who work / live there know it. They won't start nit picking at their tourists, it just wont ever happen. It's time to come to terms with reality that these will never be enforced.

Same thing with surf fishing, does anyone really think everyone goes out and buys a license? heck no. Breaking ordinances is rampant everywhere in OC and it has been for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for great insight Sherlock, never thought rules were never broken in OC. (That's being sarcastic by the way)
    But that doesn't make it right, people like you is why Council has to put rules into place so there is some type of guidance or structure to keep people safe. Rules or ordinance are put into place to protect not just the locals, tourist but the town of Ocean City and it's property. I'm not saying every rule makes sense or is the best policy to fallow for the boardwalk/beach/etc but there in place for a reason.
    Again, I will spell it out for you to understand.

Rules are rules and there is a reason they have them.
    Last edited by tfunkhouser; 07-18-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Sand Dollars
    So, since rules and ordinances are being broken, then it's OK to break the rules.

This is exactly why the OCPD needs to start making some examples out of people who break the rules. If people see that there are consequences to breaking the ordinances, they'll be a lot less likely to break them.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by tfunkhouser View Post
    Thanks for great insight Sherlock, never thought rules were never broken in OC. (That's being sarcastic by the way)
    But that doesn't make it right, people like you is why Council has to put rules into place so there is some type of guidance or structure to keep people safe. Rules or ordinance are put into place to protect not just the locals, tourist but the town of Ocean City and it's property. I'm not saying every rule makes sense or is the best policy to fallow for the boardwalk/beach/etc but there in place for a reason.
    Again, I will spell it out for you to understand.

Rules are rules and there is a reason they have them.
    Oh, so you're saying that I should just trust the OC council has my best interests in thought and follow them blindly?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kds53098 View Post
    So, since rules and ordinances are being broken, then it's OK to break the rules.

This is exactly why the OCPD needs to start making some examples out of people who break the rules. If people see that there are consequences to breaking the ordinances, they'll be a lot less likely to break them.

I just want to point out that this makes no sense. How long does the average family stay in OC? A week? A weekend? What good will "making an example" do except throw their tourist dollars down the toilet, along with the 16 other people they told they had a negative experience to.

Once again, it's a resort town, tourist dollars are paramount above all else. Don't you think they know that car shows bring problems into OC? Including pedestrian safety? They don't care, they want the money.

Sand Dollars
    I just want to point out that this makes no sense. How long does the average family stay in OC? A week? A weekend? What good will "making an example" do except throw their tourist dollars down the toilet, along with the 16 other people they told they had a negative experience to.

Once again, it's a resort town, tourist dollars are paramount above all else. Don't you think they know that car shows bring problems into OC? Including pedestrian safety? They don't care, they want the money.
    Well then, I say let them take their dollars elsewhere like to New Jersey or down south. If they are the type of people to stay in a town for a week and not respect it, then make an example out of them and let them take their ignorant arses somewhere else. Their friends and family can go too....

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainsPricey106 View Post
    Well then, I say let them take their dollars elsewhere like to New Jersey or down south. If they are the type of people to stay in a town for a week and not respect it, then make an example out of them and let them take their ignorant arses somewhere else. Their friends and family can go too....

Well said...

If you can't respect others while they are on vacation as well then don't bother coming to OC I say..

Sand Dollars

To be honest the classic car shows and even bike week brings more respectful tourist into OC than most other weekends.
    That's not opinion but a FACT....

If you can't respect others while they are on vacation as well then don't bother coming to OC I say..

Sand Dollars
    Oh, so you're saying that I should just trust the OC council has my best interests in thought and follow them blindly?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Your attitude and thought process has me to believe you are

a) trying to stir the pot
    b )has no clue
    c) has no respect for authority
    d) b and c and most likely will be fined or in jail by 3 years