Thread: vandalized?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainsPricey106 View Post
    I think the problem today with enforcing the rules is that we as a society right now are afraid of offending or confronting anyone, citizens, tourists and police alike.
    I have to agree.

Sand Dollars
    I think the problem today with enforcing the rules is that we as a society right now are afraid of offending or confronting anyone, citizens, tourists and police alike.
    I am offended that you think people will be offended.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hall View Post
    I am offended that you think people will be offended.
    There's a support group for this, it's called - Everybody.... they hold their meetings at this place called the "Internet"

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    There's a support group for this, it's called - Everybody.... they hold their meetings at this place called the "Internet"
    I'm trying to land a sweet deal where I can be a professionally compensated offended individual. Surely, some are being paid because they do nothing else with their time other then being offended and I'm not sure how else their bills are getting paid.

Sand Dollars
    I agree. However, I also believe very few people have respect for anyone, anymore. It seems they are only out for themselves without any regard for others. Police are afraid if they enforce the regulations, they face harassment claims against them; no one wants to offend the tourists.

Sand Dollars
    I don't get why everyone is so stuck up on ordinances and rules.

Did you know, that you can SUCCESSFULLY (and I say successfully because I HAVE done this) fight a speeding ticket if it is a straight road on sunny clear day, with no traffic around you? The reasoning? Because the laws are made to keep people safe. The judge sided with me when I told him that I was in control and traveling at a safe speed for the conditions.

If there are skateboarders on the boardwalk at 3:00am and there are no problems being caused by it when who cares? If someone is riding a bike or walking a dog and it is not causing any problems then who cares?

Now sure, if there is a disturbance or danger of any kind then sure it is warranted, but just because these ordinances exist does not mean they should always be enforced, Smoking is the obvious exception since second hand smoke is deadly, and it shows by having more no smoking signs on the boards than for any other ordinance.
    Last edited by JSchmitz; 07-16-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Rules are rules, there put in place for a reason.

Sand Dollars
    Trust me. Being awakened from a sound sleep by the roar of skateboards at 3 a.m. when you're paying top dollar for an oceanfront room on the boardwalk is not okay. That's one rule that needs to be enforced. Thank goodness that the ONLY time of year I will ever stay on the boardwalk is during Cruise In.
    And if the city passes ordinances, they need to be willing and able to enforce them or else don't do it. Rather hypocritical of them if you ask me.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by tfunkhouser View Post
    Rules are rules, there put in place for a reason.
    What is your interpretation of why the rules are in place?

I prefer to think of them as a scare tactic.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Trust me. Being awakened from a sound sleep by the roar of skateboards at 3 a.m. when you're paying top dollar for an oceanfront room on the boardwalk is not okay. That's one rule that needs to be enforced. Thank goodness that the ONLY time of year I will ever stay on the boardwalk is during Cruise In.
    And if the city passes ordinances, they need to be willing and able to enforce them or else don't do it. Rather hypocritical of them if you ask me.
    The "Roar" of skateboards? Please. If you are awakened by such, you must assuredly not be able to sleep at all when any car show is in OC with loud exhausts up and down coastal during all hours of the night. Heaven forbid if your significant other started to snore. I'd suggest ear plugs.

I'd be willing to wager that OC council wasn't considering the noise of a skateboard when that ordinance was put into place, they were considering the potential law suits from a skateboarder injuring themselves on the boardwalk. Then they would be held liable. The ordinance helps to absolve them. Same thing with Dogs, and bicycles it helps absolve them in the event of an accident or injury. The entire town is heavily dependent on tourist $$$ and the people who work / live there know it. They won't start nit picking at their tourists, it just wont ever happen. It's time to come to terms with reality that these will never be enforced.

Same thing with surf fishing, does anyone really think everyone goes out and buys a license? heck no. Breaking ordinances is rampant everywhere in OC and it has been for as long as I can remember.