Thread: vandalized?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

vandalized?

I love OC. I really do, but this last issue has really ticked me off.

We parked at the inlet to let our kids have some fun riding rides at Trimpers and so we could get some good eats at the boardwalk. A few hours later, we come back to find out out back door handle is busted off (like someone really wanted to get in, and our wounded warrior magnet taken off the back of out suv. I know petty things happen everywhere and OC is no exception ( I had a light bar stolen off my car years ago in the 90s). But this irks me because it could be an expensive fix!

Has anyone else had issues at the inlet parking lot?

Sand Dollars
    That stinks. I believe you can contact the OCPD and have them review the cameras.
    Ken

Sand Dollars
    OC has become VERY lax in patrolling the boardwalk and inlet lately. Not sure why. Rules aren't enforced. I watch the boardwalk cameras and you RARELY see an officer, especially at night. Last night, around 3 a.m. I was watching the cameras and there were kids riding skateboards on the boardwalk (not allowed in summer for obvious reasons) but not a cop in sight. Two fall down drunks, people making out, etc.
    I'm sorry that you had that happen. I agree about contacting the OCPD and filing a report, but I doubt anything will come of it.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    First I hope you told the police and filed a report.

Second, I've been reading a lot of post lately that these rules are not being enforced. For example the no smoking on the beach/boardwalk unless at designated areas or no pets on the boardwalk peak season to name a few.

My suggestion, instead of writing on here, we need to send our comments to Police department, Ocean City Chamber of Commerce, etc, etc.

We all know who is on this forum (and other message boards to) and we all have a means of contacting the correct people to inform them of these issues.

Sand Dollars
    What makes you think we haven't?
    I've said it before. OC only passes these ordinances to quiet the squeaky wheel. I don't think they have any teeth, and I don't think the city actually expects anyone to enforce them, even though visitors like myself are naive enough to actually HOPE they will. The police have better things to do (I assume).
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Krislynell I agree with the others file the report, but don't get your hopes up...

I will say, though that this trip, I only seen one skateboard on the boards, and it was late and up around 21st, no bikes on boards at all, very few people smoking on the boardwalk (although the one I can't seem to forget was pregnant!!!) , and never seen (or smelled) one person smoking on the beach at all... Not saying these infractions weren't happening, just reporting back on what I personally witnessed.

Sand Dollars
    I was just watching the Backshore Brewery Cam and saw three skateboarders. It is 11:19 p.m.

Oh, just looked again............another one.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    OC has become VERY lax in patrolling the boardwalk and inlet lately. Not sure why. Rules aren't enforced. I watch the boardwalk cameras and you RARELY see an officer, especially at night. Last night, around 3 a.m. I was watching the cameras and there were kids riding skateboards on the boardwalk (not allowed in summer for obvious reasons) but not a cop in sight. Two fall down drunks, people making out, etc.
    I'm sorry that you had that happen. I agree about contacting the OCPD and filing a report, but I doubt anything will come of it.
    Having had the experience of filing a police report and never finding who thieved off of me, I figured filing a report would be a waste of time.

I agree, nothing seems to be enforced on the boards. Every time we have been down, (3 or 4 times since May 1st) we have seen at least 10 dogs being walked on the boards. Now, I am a dog person and we would live to bring our 2 walking with us on the boardwalk, but we know after May 1st, it's a no-no. What really irks me is that while we do see police officers prolong the boardwalk, they walk right past the dog owners and say nothing.

Sand Dollars
    I think what these dog owners aren't realizing is that the dog ban is for the dog's safety. It's not safe for a dog, especially a small dog, to be walked on a crowded Boardwalk night in July or August. The dog could easily get stepped on or injured.

I saw a few more police officers on the Boards this past weekend, but still saw plenty of skateboarders, smoking, and one dog.

Sand Dollars
    I think the problem today with enforcing the rules is that we as a society right now are afraid of offending or confronting anyone, citizens, tourists and police alike.